Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-27-2009, 05:21 AM
Banned
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRevChap View Post
When it comes down to 3.99 I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and download it, then. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't buy it after all the moaning I've done about the price.
Well it's deffo 3.99 now in the UK ...Now we will get those moaning that paid 4.99 for it a few hours ago
Old 10-27-2009, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE STUD View Post
Well it's deffo 3.99 now in the UK ...Now we will get those moaning that paid 4.99 for it a few hours ago
I'm still getting the "item is being modified" message when I try to buy it, but it's showing as 3.99. Just a few more minutes...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:37 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

bought it for 5.99 euros...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:37 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Damn!! Downtime for a recharge but I'm loving RMP, have tilt controls tweaked just right for me and camera set inside for best sense of speed and am really enjoying caneing through the bends and perfecting my drift technique to stay centered for best time, then having to change my technique for the next races road and weather condition.

Graphics are wicked, amazing detail with lighting effects, raindrops, dust and mud splatter. Damage and repair components are also a nice touch and races get quite challenging as the levels progress. I love going back and re-thinking a lap to try and shave a 10th of a second of my last time.

Only thing I would like to see in an update is have the brake moved all the way over to the left, at the moment my thumb keeps drifting onto the brake and putting me into reverse so I am having to stick with auto acceleration.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:48 AM

Oh for pity's sake! It's now showing as 4.99 again. What's going on?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:53 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

3.99 on UK appstore now, DL, thanks Fishlabs!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:16 AM

Back to 4.99 on UK appstore, thanks for nothing Fishlabs?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:24 AM

Default Pricing

Alright, we heard you. We have dropped the price to 3.99/5,49. It might take a little until this shows up in all non-US/CA countries.

The initial idea was that regular quality mobile games are priced 4,99 in Europe (so is RMP for Sony Ericsson and Nokia phones) and 5,99 for the iPhone version would be a fair price to reflect 9 month extra development with a mid-sized team to bring RMP with extra quality to iPhone.

We didn't charge the corresponding $7.99 in the US because we thought rally racing is less popular over there. We didn't expect that this price cut would back fire here in Europe, which was stupid, obviously.

We think RMP is a polished game and if you like rally racing it offers great value for 5,99 but we don't want to argue with our customers. However, it feels kind of strange to be facing a discussion of 50 Euro Cents about international price points on a game that we have spent 5,000 working hours on. In combination with 95% piracy (!) on the first day this makes it very hard to believe in the future of the App Store, sometimes.

Game on, anyway!
Michael
Old 10-27-2009, 06:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Seriously U.K. folk? Come on, it's one pound. It looks like they're dealing with it, but even if they're not, buy it or don't. Quit complaining.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Seriously U.K. folk? Come on, it's one pound. It looks like they're dealing with it, but even if they're not, buy it or don't. Quit complaining.
It's not the pound that's the issue, it's that when it comes to the App Store, there's an expectation that prices/sales/games will be global. I'm not one to argue that all games should be 59p/99c, but I do expect a game that's 99c in the US will be 59p in the UK.

I'm being overly stubborn, I know, but I don't want to get to a point where the App Store fragments across territories - there's already enough of that as it is, especially with the big players such as EA and Konami.

It does seem like I'm being petty, I know, and maybe I am - but I'm also going to buy the game for 3.99. I'm not going to be one those people who moans and then doesn't stand by their words when the situation changes.

Fishlabs will be getting my 3.99 today as soon as the price cut shows up.