★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[AU] Star Wars: Rivals™ (by Disney)

06-17-2017, 04:10 AM
[AU] Star Wars: Rivals™ (by Disney)

Star Wars: Rivals™

Disney
Genres: Games Entertainment Action Word
Free

Quote:
Confront your rivals in the first real-time Star Wars competitive action shooter designed specifically for your mobile device. Choose from a cast of iconic characters that span all eras of the Star Wars universe while mastering your skills in cover-based PvP skirmishes. Build the ultimate combat team, anticipate your opponent’s strategy, and leverage your surroundings to gain the upper hand. Battles are fought both in single-player campaign scenarios and real-time PVP battles. Take aim, fire, and obliterate the competition.

ACTION PACKED SHOOTER
• Engage in fast-paced shooter gameplay with mobile-optimized controls. Outwit your opponents by strategically utilizing a destructible cover system
• Wield iconic weapons like Chewbacca’s bowcaster, Han Solo’s DL-44 pistol, and Boba Fett’s EE-3 carbine rifle in combat to take down your enemies! Discover unique character abilities to help dominate your opponents in the field

FIGHT IN REAL-TIME PVP SKIRMISHES
• Battle other players cross-platform in the real-time PvP Arena. Build the ultimate roster of three unique characters and swap them in-and-out the heat of battle. Collect and deploy AI troops like Stormtroopers, Rebel Troopers, and more to help you achieve victory
• Defeat your opponents to collect points, climb the leaderboards, and win rewards to upgrade and unlock characters

PROGRESS IN ADVENTURE MODE
• Enter the heat of combat with mission-based scenarios in Adventure Mode. Dominate enemies and take down rivals in epic boss fights across familiar environments like Takodana, Jakku, and Bespin
• Face off with iconic rivalries like Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader, Han Solo and Boba Fett, Finn and Captain Phasma, and more

COLLECT & UPGRADE LEGENDARY CHARACTERS
• Team up with characters from different eras of the Star Wars universe and films like Empire Strikes Back and the Force Awakens
• Battle as a Jedi, a scoundrel, a Wookiee, Sith, and more! Discover each character’s unique abilities and upgrade them to fit your unique play style

COMPETE AGAINST RIVALS
• Reign victorious against your Daily Rival – collect the most Arena wins to win valuable prizes
• Climb weekly Leaderboards to collect rewards to unlock rare characters and loot crates

Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains
• social media links to connect with others
• in-app purchases that cost real money from $4.99 to $99.99
• the option to accept push notifications to let you know when we have exciting updates like new content
• advertising for some third parties
• as well as advertising for the Walt Disney Family of Companies

We respect your wishes regarding your Privacy. You can exercise control and choice by resetting your Advertising Identifier in your device's Privacy Settings.

Privacy Policy - http://disneyprivacycenter.com/
Children’s Privacy Policy - https://disneyprivacycenter.com/kids-privacy-policy/
Terms of Use - http://disneytermsofuse.com/

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G-iPad23G
  • iPhone4S-iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5-iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini-iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c-iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s-iPhone5s
  • iPadAir-iPadAir
  • iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular
  • iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina
  • iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular
  • iPhone6-iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus
  • iPadAir2-iPadAir2
  • iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular
  • iPadMini3-iPadMini3
  • iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular
  • iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone6s-iPhone6s
  • iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus
  • iPadMini4-iPadMini4
  • iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular
  • iPadPro-iPadPro
  • iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular
  • iPadPro97-iPadPro97
  • iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular
  • iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE
  • iPhone7-iPhone7
  • iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus
  • iPad611-iPad611
  • iPad612-iPad612

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 10.0

Download Size: 124.1MB

06-17-2017, 04:14 AM

06-17-2017, 07:29 AM
Finally a star wars game I can dig
Haven't been crazy about the last couple
06-17-2017, 08:07 AM
Well that was pretty painful imho.

Tedious cover shooter with a StarWars paint job. Laughable animation, generic gameplay.

Couldn't bring myself to play much so it may improve; I have my doubts.
06-17-2017, 08:17 AM
Cover based gameplay??
That means no light sabers I assume.....

👿
06-17-2017, 03:43 PM
Gameplay on iPhone 7

06-17-2017, 04:18 PM
Why can't we just get a port or remake of one of the great Star Wars games of the past instead of this crap? So many good ones -- Jedi Knight, X-Wing, Rogue Squadron, etc.

I realize Disney many not have rights to Lucas Arts games but ANYTHING even remotely like those games...even the vector a Star Wars arcade game would be better.

Last edited by anthony78; 06-17-2017 at 06:39 PM.
06-17-2017, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
Why can't we just get a port or remake of one of the great Star Wars games of this past instead of this crap? So many good ones -- Jedi Knight, X-Wing, Rogue Squadron, etc.

I realize Disney many not have rights to Lucas Arts games but ANYTHING even remotely like those games...even the vector a Star Wars arcade game would be better.
The Super Nintendo Star Wars games were the best. Hard as balls, but the best nonetheless. I'd even take a Masters of Teras Kasi over this. Maybe.
06-19-2017, 09:31 AM
IMO Battlefront 2,Jedi Academy,Empire at War,Lego Star Wars (thanks to God we have it) and PSP version of The Force Unleashed were the best Star Wars games that I've ever played.
06-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Another Star Wars game I probably won't bother to give my time or money to. I bought LEGO Star Wars TFA on multiple platforms because I absolutely love their gameplay and clever way to use the IP. I own many other SW games that I enjoy. Most are old. And none were F2P. Ever since this F2P thing, SW games just seem to keep appearing and disappearing. I just don't want to invest in a game that doesn't invest in me and guarantee gameplay after their servers go down. In a few months.