★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-18-2017, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytehawk View Post
Ok, I went in not expecting much. But I honestly really like this game. It's a survival game with multiplayer that completely throws you in blind. It hooked me fast. +1, try this out!
Yeah at first I was like "wow this is a small area" but then I walked into the green at the edge of the map and the world opened up.
Pretty sweet.
Just did my first light raid on another player. Can't get into their house but I grabbed food and water from their stations outside.
Just a tip - put your workstations and cook fires inside the house so they can't be easily raided!

I love that when you are foraging for resources you can creep around in stealth mode and avoid most zombies.
Keep finding more to love about this game, and this is an early-release build!!! Can't wait to see this develop.
06-18-2017, 03:57 PM
This is very promising. A bit bare on the info front but seems fairly straightforward.

Got attacked by someone called Nimbus. His pointy stick was no match for my cleaver.

One thing I wish it had was an info panel on picked up items. Lots are self explanatory (rock, log etc.) but I've got no clue what the military ID card I picked up from Nimbus' corpse is for, for example. Perhaps I am missing something here.

Anyway, game on. As always in these things, let's get a clan together when we can (need a radio tower it seems). What server is everyone on? I'm on 2 but would happily move at this early stage if it meant joining TAers.

06-18-2017, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
This is very promising. A bit bare on the info front but seems fairly straightforward.

Got attacked by someone called Nimbus. His pointy stick was no match for my cleaver.

One thing I wish it had was an info panel on picked up items. Lots are self explanatory (rock, log etc.) but I've got no clue what the military ID card I picked up from Nimbus' corpse is for, for example. Perhaps I am missing something here.

Anyway, game on. As always in these things, let's get a clan together when we can (need a radio tower it seems). What server is everyone on? I'm on 2 but would happily move at this early stage if it meant joining TAers.
Keep pressing on an item it will give you it's description and purpose
06-18-2017, 04:08 PM
Sounds interesting from checking it out on the app store, but that $14.99 aussie dollars is steep.
Im not that into multiplayer so is it any good by itself without that? Sounds like it forces you to battle others.
06-18-2017, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakara214ever View Post
Keep pressing on an item it will give you it's description and purpose
Should have tried that really! Thanks.
06-18-2017, 04:37 PM
I forgot to mention that there's a Day/Night cycle and weather/temperature system in game!
It shows you the time and temperature in the upper left.
Time of day seems to affect the zombie and animal behavior.
The temperature affects you if you it's cold and you aren't wearing adequate clothing.
06-18-2017, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver99 View Post
Sounds interesting from checking it out on the app store, but that $14.99 aussie dollars is steep..
It's free to download, not sure what you're talking about.
06-18-2017, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
It's free to download, not sure what you're talking about.
$14.99 AUD for raiders starter pack, whatever that is.
06-18-2017, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbieoz View Post
$14.99 AUD for raiders starter pack, whatever that is.
Yes, that. I tend to like buying once or so in a game but Im not into constant iaps. So Id like to buy something if its worth it. But at the moment Im not sure if this is my sort of game. If I was the dev, Id have a lower priced starter pack.
Maybe inside the game there are others worth buying?
06-18-2017, 05:43 PM
Since it has been allready pointed how is this compared to Durango. Played the beta and really liked it. Is this any close? Better? Worse? Not even comparable?