★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-25-2017, 05:02 AM
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
Well, I like the look of the tilt control. Sorry to say I don't like the look of the constant thumb mashing. I realise it's authentic but I need auto-fire these days.
Great news - I'm adding auto fire to a settings menu so you can choose to have it on or off for the next soon to be released version (v1.1) thanks!

Last edited by 8bitmagicgames; 06-26-2017 at 08:04 AM. Reason: News!
06-25-2017, 05:06 AM
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
I saw this mentioned on Twitter. What's really cool about this game is that it was developed on an iPad using Codea by a guy who had a long daily train ride to work. This is the future I want to live in.

Here's the full story: https://m.imore.com/starsceptre-ios-...ely-coded-ipad

Thank you so much, and thanks for your review! If you have an iPad and ever want to try it, I recommend Codea and can give you some pointers for getting the most out of it.

06-25-2017, 08:32 AM
#13
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitmagicgames View Post
I'll get on and add that to a settings menu so you can choose to have autofire on or off. Should make it into version v1.1 or v1.2. Thanks!
Great news. Thank you.
06-25-2017, 12:43 PM
#14
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
Posts: 2,980
This iz another passionate creation like that Awesome SeaKing Hunter. When I searched the TA library & came across Starspectre i knew this wuz going to be a very interesting find. To read your commute creation story iz a Funtaztic@Jean Grae@ WOW factor. Thank You Klink, our future iz so bright huh? You have to know you R a 🎨 inspiration Yo!
Very 😎 m'Lord Richard Morgan you R listening to your fellow TouchArcadians.
Now i have another Toy Shmup to add to my collection. I forgot to add you to the Studio Mudprints question last night of most obscure Shmup we have played so next ep i will.
Thank You for your Amazing addition to our beloved genre

⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️
📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍
⭐️📍⭐️📍STARSCEPTRE📍⭐️📍⭐️
📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍
⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️📍⭐️

Last edited by 7lilwhitewolf7; 06-25-2017 at 12:46 PM.
06-25-2017, 06:56 PM
#15
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitmagicgames View Post
Thank you so much, and thanks for your review! If you have an iPad and ever want to try it, I recommend Codea and can give you some pointers for getting the most out of it.
I do own codea however I mostly use it to admire the work of others. I've found it hard to get started on my own project.

Regarding Starsceptre a pause button would be nice. As you mentioned it's pretty difficult at first. I do like the art style, music, sound effects, etc. I has a 100% authentic feel to it.

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
06-25-2017, 11:56 PM
#16
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 4,257
I'm disabled. I have severe disc herniations throughout my neck and spine and just had major surgery on my neck. I simply cannot do all the tilting.

The thing is I really love shootem ups and love supporting indie devs. Would it be possible to put in classic controls as an option for people like myself so I could buy and play the game?

If not I completely understand.

Billy
06-26-2017, 12:17 AM
#17
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: The last time zone for iOS game releases :(
Posts: 2,221
Get well soon Billy! We miss you and your insight on here.
06-26-2017, 06:35 AM
#18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
Well, I like the look of the tilt control. Sorry to say I don't like the look of the constant thumb mashing. I realise it's authentic but I need auto-fire these days.
Can't agree more.
06-26-2017, 08:06 AM
#19
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
I do own codea however I mostly use it to admire the work of others. I've found it hard to get started on my own project.

Regarding Starsceptre a pause button would be nice. As you mentioned it's pretty difficult at first. I do like the art style, music, sound effects, etc. I has a 100% authentic feel to it.
Awesome! A pause button has been on the cards. The great guys at Codea are getting me the code to trigger the pause function as it's in the Xcode layer sadly the bit I'm not very good at! Thank you for your feedback!!!!
06-26-2017, 08:10 AM
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
I'm disabled. I have severe disc herniations throughout my neck and spine and just had major surgery on my neck. I simply cannot do all the tilting.

The thing is I really love shootem ups and love supporting indie devs. Would it be possible to put in classic controls as an option for people like myself so I could buy and play the game?

If not I completely understand.

Billy
Hey Billy! Glad to meet another shmup lover! They're my favourite too. I'll be looking into a classic controls to see if it's going to work with my game - the fast response needed to play might mean the onscreen joysticks might not cut it, but I'll let you know the minute I have an approach that might well work. Thank you for your feedback and fingers crossed I get something working well!

Hope your op recovery goes well.

Best,
Rich