★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Qplaze
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 54.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Prove that you are the best pilot in the galaxy in a free game «Galaxy Warfighter»!

Taking its roots from the classic games in the shoot'em up genre, «Galaxy Warfighter» conveys the old ideas in a new way.Piloting your fighter ship, you have to fight hordes of enemies with unpredictable strategies and attack schemes.

Well, and if you think that the usual enemies are too easy, «Galaxy Warfighter» will put you face to face with the ruthless bosses. You should not underestimate them. The game will continue to increase in difficulty. Therefore, if you are just trying your skills in the shoot'em up genre - «Galaxy Warfighter» is your best choice!

Game features:

- HD Graphics in a retro style;
- Awesome special effects;
- Well thought-out attack schemes of the enemy;
- Unique bosses;
- System of the ship upgrades;
- Incredible backgrounds;
- Exciting gameplay;
- No hidden monetization;
- More than 100 levels in the game!

What are you waiting for, pilot? Get ready for the launch!"
06-18-2017, 11:41 PM
Nice
I like the control & lvln up. i'm maxed out already with the guns so I'm hopeful the drones will increase damage
06-19-2017, 03:11 AM
Just have time to boot this one up:

1. A short ad at start, no IAP
2. Control scheme: relative touch or direct touch
3. Very nice menu, and control

Need some more time and dig deeper...

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
06-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Thoughts after 30 minutes or so:

1. Initial gun is too weak, needs a lot of grinding to upgrade it. After that, it is more fun and the pace picsk up
2. do not like the arts in the action screen, everthing looks a bit too big (including hit zone), must be spoiled by R-Type and Cave-sice shooters
3. The game is hard and the price of upgrade is pretty high, you really need either quite some skill or invest quite some time to go through
4. I have yet to beat the first boss so it is not fair to comment if the game has promises or not.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
06-21-2017, 05:26 PM
It's decent but could be so much better.

+ MFi controller support!
+ Nice and simple upgrade system
+ Cool retro feel

- Ads
- Repetitive. Not many different enemies. They say 100 levels, but unfortunately It feels too repetitive already after 20 levels.
- Random bosses? I guess it randomly chooses one of four available bosses at the end of each level?
- One boss is very buggy: Several disappearing parts.
- Some bugs and lack of polish, but nothing that would prevent you from playing.

All in all I got few hours of fun from it. It has potential to be so much better. The development was clearly rushed. But hey it's free so if you are into this kind of thing I recommend you try it out. It's fun for a while and there are not too many better arcade space shooters out there...

Polygon Play
Developer of Lander Hero and Lander Hero: Training Mission

Last edited by polygonplay; 06-21-2017 at 05:28 PM.