★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Astrochimp is a beautiful action-packed 3D side-scroller; an addictive adventure game guaranteed to release your inner monkey.

Run, jump and swing your way through the Astro Chimp Space Program; a brutal set of challenges preparing monkeys for space.

A perfect blend of twitch controls and lateral thinking - time your swings to get astro chimp to the next chamber alive!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A game by Broken Totem Studios. We hope you enjoy!

"Great game! Challenging and very addictive."

"Awesome old skool platforming fun!"

"Fun, addictive and nicely polished."

"Gorgeous graphics and great comical violence. Highly recommend!"

BrokenTotem's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Click image for larger version

Name:	StoreHeader-min.png
Views:	7
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	114901

Name:	Press1-min.png
Views:	9
Size:	747.9 KB
ID:	114899

Name:	Press3-min.png
Views:	5
Size:	767.1 KB
ID:	114900
06-19-2017, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone,

We hope you enjoy the game! Astro Chimp is an old school platformer at heart, inspired by games from our childhood such as Crash Bandicoot and Donkey Kong.

WARNING: This game is challenging. You may save some monkeys, but many more will perish!

Let us know what you think about the difficulty - we hope you find it suitably retro!
06-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Liking almost everything about this; the graphic design and animation, level design, swing timing, arrangement of respawn points. It all comes together well to make a jolly good platformer. The difficulty progression seems spot on. Just had to turn off the monkey noises which became mildly irritating. I'll leave it to others to moan about the ads.
06-21-2017, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
Liking almost everything about this; the graphic design and animation, level design, swing timing, arrangement of respawn points. It all comes together well to make a jolly good platformer. The difficulty progression seems spot on. Just had to turn off the monkey noises which became mildly irritating. I'll leave it to others to moan about the ads.
I almost agree with you.

Normally I'd Agee with you about the ads - it's a shame they're there but that's life and I'll live with it - but I'm getting a forced ad after every level and I'm not sure I can put up with that kind of intrusion. It's a shame because I like it for the reasons you've already said.
06-21-2017, 11:52 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to EvilDucktator Send a message via Skype™ to EvilDucktator
Please add an IAP for removing the ads.
06-23-2017, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We will be adding an In App Purchase to remove ads in the next update.