I spent $1,000 on Angry Birds Evolution and didn't get anything good.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Lickzy, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    For those wondering about buying IAP for rare birds.... don't.

I spent a thousand dollars and not ONE Five Star Bird.

2. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Wow!! That's nuts. Why the hell would you spend a thousand dollars on a f2p mobile game? I might be mistaken, but wasnt this game recently released? Lol :confused::confused: Is it that good?

3. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I have a rather large disposable income but regardless, the amount is still ridiculous.

In any case, you can purchase premium eggs with gems. 10 premium eggs guarantees you a 4 star and the rest of the birds are supposed to be 2-5 stars. As mentioned, I've purchased over 100 of these eggs and not gotten a five star bird. Additionally, despite advertsing guaranteed 2-5 star birds, I repeatedly get 1 star totems... which are obviously neither a bird or 2 stars or higher.

Long story short, buyer beware. I know people may have less disposable income and I would hate to see the waste their money like I did.

4. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    That's crazy dude! I'm not saying I doubt you. I really do believe you could spend $1,000 and get nothing. But it's crazy that you spent so much money. I guess it's cheaper than a trip to Vegas, maybe.

I have -all- of the 5-star birds, every single one. I never spent any money on this game.

5. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I have a tough time believing you have all the 5 star birds while spending nothing.

If so, congratulations

6. aux80

aux80 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    It's all about timing. You have to be prepared for the events, BEFORE they start. You need to have the premium tickets saved up beforehand, to increase the multiplier. And you need some gems too, in case you don't have enough premium tickets. It's pretty easy if you know what you're doing.

7. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    I smell TROLL, who spends $1000 on games.

8. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Go take a shower then

Attached Files:

9. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Lol that is incredibly stupid

10. Nightxx

Nightxx Active Member

Jan 13, 2012
    The issue isnt about spending alot of money on games... the issue is that we have peple like this promoting the existence of such ****

11. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    #11 Devok, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Good on you just imagine how many PS4 games you could have bought, I'd be laughing when those games get shut down and all that hard earned MONEY, time and effort evaporated into absolutely nothing.

They are called idiots. Smart people don't throw away money like that, there's no sentimental value with these games as u don't even keep a physical copy of the product.

12. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    One can only hope there's a "Save the Children -$100,000" just out of screenshot.

13. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Spend your money on something useful. You're free to do whatever you want to do with your money but donate to charity, or hell, play Angry Birds Evolution. Just don't take screenshots of your bank statement to show everyone on Touch Arcade how much money you've spent on the app store. Honestly, WTF?

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Folks, manners please. No more personal insults.

15. Nivak

Nivak Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Why do people even care what other people do with their money ?

16. eufeion

eufeion Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    Because the more people spend into the F2P market the more developers will put into future games with micro transactions for progression, I mean look at Dungon Keeper on IOS when that came out - I mean wow!

17. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Holy smokes the animosity. Few things:

A) As someone mentioned, people are free to do whatever they want with THEIR money. It's mine, it's not shelled out by the government so I'm not using tax payer dollars.

B) it was stupid to spend that much on a "Free" game. F2P love people like me who are incredibly impulsive.

C) I am a huge supporter of Premium games and typically despise F2P

D) I am having just as much fun now without spending as I was With spending.

Long story short, huge waste of money, support premium games and don't hate on people for the way they spend their money.:)

18. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    What is it about this game that keeps you from despising it compared to other FTP games?

19. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    I didn't think there was so many jerks in this community. Jeez!

20. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #20 Gambler, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    I can actually understand this sentiment. I hardly ever play something else than premium and hate most f2p games and their overpriced monetarization methods. But after a friend recommended to try it, I've been playing a currently popular f2p game lately and when I saw the prices for their premium currency points, packs etc I just thought to myself, I'll never spend any money on this, for those ridiculously high prices you could buy 20 premium games.

But someday down the line I ended up spending 150 bucks for those crappy points and shiny packs, something I thought I'd never do. In my defense, this was after a rather thirsty Saturday evening but still quite a big amount of money for some temporary digital product. Not 1000 bucks but I can understand the impulse. They often know how to lure in the weak, drunk and impulsive :D