★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[BETA] Snake Towers - The endless snake game (By Set Snail)

06-21-2017, 11:27 AM
[BETA] Snake Towers - The endless snake game (By Set Snail)

Hi everyone, our next game Snake Towers is ready for beta. Yay!

The game still needs features, polishing and balancing. This is where you guys come in to the picture! We really hope you will help us make this next game even better. (Our previous games are Daddy Long Legs, illi and Bike Club).

Updates:

The story
On top of the tallest towers in the universe lives a snake. Endlessly wandering around, looking for shiny objects and upgrades, in order to prolong his short existence.
Slither from tower to tower looking for gold pieces that make your tail grow. Find rare gems and power hats to help you on your journey. But beware of the cursed towers, they will challenge you with reversed controls or shaking grounds, just to name a few.

How to get access to the Beta
1. Send us your Apple ID by email at beta@setsnail.com
or signup using this form: SIGN UP
2. Install the TestFlight app on your device (if you don't already have it)
3. Wait for the e-mail with the beta test invitation
4. Open TestFlight and install Snake Towers

Thank you all so much for your time and hope you will have fun playing our game.

Happy times and love from all of us at Set Snail.

Last edited by SetSnail; 08-02-2017 at 09:41 AM.
06-21-2017, 03:16 PM
Are you looking for localization? I can help translating to Brazilian Portuguese.

06-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Oh how I love Denmark, Miss Denmark of course and the two singing sisters in a band called First Aid Kit very lovely voices they have and good music I have all their albums and lets not forget Set Snail with their new game that's coming Snake Towers.

Just played half an hour and I really love it, as some might now I love colors in a game and the colors in this game are gorgeous so is the whole art style.

Your Snake goes from room to room and every room has a different task and you need to go back sometimes to clear something or make a pattern with your snake for 10 extra points and so on.
06-21-2017, 04:31 PM
Just signed up for the beta!

Edit: Still didnt get the invite! But ill wait! Looks really cool!!

Last edited by Patthegymnast; 06-21-2017 at 06:21 PM.
06-22-2017, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patthegymnast View Post
Just signed up for the beta!

Edit: Still didnt get the invite! But ill wait! Looks really cool!!
We have just send out a new batch of invites. So you should receive a mail from Apple within a few minutes, if you haven’t already.

Last edited by SetSnail; 06-22-2017 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Added quote
06-22-2017, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Are you looking for localization? I can help translating to Brazilian Portuguese.
Thank you, but we already have some guys for that.
06-22-2017, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Oh how I love Denmark, Miss Denmark of course and the two singing sisters in a band called First Aid Kit very lovely voices they have and good music I have all their albums and lets not forget Set Snail with their new game that's coming Snake Towers.

Just played half an hour and I really love it, as some might now I love colors in a game and the colors in this game are gorgeous so is the whole art style.

Your Snake goes from room to room and every room has a different task and you need to go back sometimes to clear something or make a pattern with your snake for 10 extra points and so on.
Thank you so much for your kind words Roger. You have been really helpful both here on TA and via mail where you left some really good feedback. Thanks!
06-22-2017, 03:41 PM
Today!

Hello everyone! Thank you to everyone that has signed up to the beta and tried the game!

Just to let you know about what we have been working on today
General performance optimizations
Restarting the game should be a bit faster now, especially on newer phones.

Controls
The controls for this game is tricky business, and we have listened to your fantastic feedback, we are tweaking it along the way.

New Speed Hat!
If you wanted a hat that permanently made you faster, then now you got it!

Overlays & UI
We have tweaked some of the hit areas for some of the buttons, and have made a settings overlay, so far you can only enable and disable sound, but it is a start!

More
Various small bugs and fixes, if you find any errors, please let us know!

Hopefully these updates will be pushed tomorrow

Have a great day!

Last edited by SetSnail; 06-22-2017 at 03:46 PM.
06-22-2017, 06:18 PM
Been playing it! Really love the game! Its really fun snd cute! But add characters like a ninja!
06-23-2017, 04:09 AM
Snake Towers is a great adaption of classic snake.

I've really enjoyed beta testing it.

řƹȡ1