★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Adventure into space with your starship and crew. Discover amazing new alien species to recruit and train, and find powerful weapons to install on your craft. Uncover unique new ships to pilot and command, engaging in tactical combat where you are the commander of your forces! The vast fantasy universe of Panthera Frontier awaits, commander!

- Explore a huge fantasy universe in an endless adventure!
- Choose, train, and control a huge variety of crew!
- Fire awesome weapons in action-packed battles.
- Loads of unique craft to discover, customize & upgrade.
- Daily missions and multiple new objectives to aim for!
- IAPs can be used to progress more quickly and more easily through Panthera Frontier, but we recommend playing through using your own skill and ability first!
- Internet connection is now only required when launching the game for the first time.

Boardumb's comments:

06-21-2017, 08:53 PM
Fantastic Game!!

Fantastic game so far!! I was lucky enough to get a promo. I'll purchase some iap to support your wonderful game.

Experience so far:
Game runs great on iPad mini 2 with an ios 8.1.
No internet requirement to play so perfect for people who travel without an Internet. It also seems like a premium experience. No timers or traveling restrictions. Map is massive with hundreds of areas to travel.

Couldn't see the iap yet but they don't seem to be needed. Most likely to help speed up progress if you want. I don't know what they are called but The Paw Orbs are used for recruiting new random rare crew members and avoiding penalties on death. You can exchange your coins for more paw orbs or just complete the daily missions.

Story is great so far, there are some minor errors in the dialogue but nothing serious. Combat is great, intuitive, fast paced, and challenging just like FTL. You click on enemy rooms to target and disable the guns, shields, cloaking, etc. You can switch between the enemy ship and yours with ease by taping or swiping right or left.
No fuel, oxygen, or pause button in this game. You can run out of missiles and take hull damage but that can be fixed for free at the hangar or purchase on the fly with coins.

Managing the huge variety of crew and weapons is simple and fun when looking for the best combination in battles.

Overall, great experience!! If you like FTL you'll enjoy this game as well. Well worth the purchase.
It's currently on $4.99 discount price! I think it will go to $9.99 a while later?

Last edited by mastery51; 06-22-2017 at 01:27 AM.

06-21-2017, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the review
This is the one i was waiting for this week
06-21-2017, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the honest review mastery51, we are so glad that you like it - seemingly many many many others do too, wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastery51 View Post
Fantastic game so far!! I was lucky enough to get a promo. I'll purchase some iap to support your wonderful game.

Experience so far:
Game runs great on iPad mini 2 with an ios 8.1.
No internet requirement to play so perfect for people who travel without an Internet. It's a premium experience. No timers, no traveling restrictions. Map is massive with hundreds of areas to travel.

Couldn't see the iap yet but they don't seem to be needed. Most likely to help speed up progress if you want. I don't know what they are called but The Paw Orbs are used for recruiting new random rare crew members and avoiding penalties on death. You can exchange your coins for more paw orbs. You can get all the resources you need by completing missions/daily missions.

Combat is great, intuitive, fast paced, and challenging just like FTL. You can switch between the enemy ship and yours with ease by taping or swiping right or left.
No fuel, oxygen, or pause button in this game. You can run out of missiles and take hull damage but that can be fixed for free at the hangar or purchase on they fly with coins.

Managing the huge variety of crew and weapons is simple and fun when looking for the best combination in battles.

Overall, great experience!! If you like FTL you'll enjoy this game as well. Well worth the 4.99 discount price!
06-21-2017, 09:44 PM
How similar to FTL is the combat in this game?

I loved attacking specific rooms in FTL and having heavy soldiers board the enemy ship to cause chaos. Does this game have stuff like that?
06-21-2017, 09:50 PM
It's a sold for me, thanks for the review
06-21-2017, 09:54 PM
Bought......
Will download later on ipad
06-21-2017, 10:26 PM
seems easy, but challenging

i only played for 30 mins and found it's awesome!!

GOTW for me😆
06-21-2017, 11:59 PM
How is this on an iPhone 7 plus? Is the screen area large enough to play comfortably or is this really an iPad title?
06-22-2017, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
How is this on an iPhone 7 plus? Is the screen area large enough to play comfortably or is this really an iPad title?
How about on the iPhone 7?

Since I can't play FTL on iPhone I wonder if this could be "my FTL".

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 06-22-2017 at 12:04 AM.