★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Your friend is coming for a visit and it is up to you to find places to see through the thronging masses of the city. In Walking Tourist you politely (or not so politely) step through different settings with different crowds. You want to get through quickly, but shortcuts through the grass, blocking others, or outright shoving is frowned upon. Along the way are various things to pick up and spots to snap pictures of.

ajunkalagames's comments:

Walking tourist is a game about walking through crowds. It is a turn-based game where you must move your piece through a crowd, as politely as you can. So try not to block or shove others, stay off the grass and don't jaywalk (or at least... as much as you can).

Feel free to ask me any questions! I am busy with get it out there and adding support for one more platform, but I'll get back as quick as I can.
06-22-2017, 06:03 PM
I love the concept of this.

06-22-2017, 06:19 PM
Well it's certainly a departure from the normal violence....
06-22-2017, 06:35 PM
Thank-you Eli. I liked the concept from the start (I walk a lot myself), although it is significantly more complicated to capture well than one would expect.

rIcHrAnDoM ya, I tend to limit violence in games a lot. It is a bit too cliche for my taste at this point. I also often pull concepts from my own experience and really don't spend a lot of time being aggressive to draw from
06-23-2017, 09:53 AM
Pacifist Mode Hoplite?!?

Will give this a shot this weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
06-23-2017, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Pacifist Mode Hoplite?!?

Will give this a shot this weekend...
Heh, Hoplite is not the game I was expecting it to be compared to.

I do hope you enjoy it!
06-23-2017, 08:37 PM
Okay, I couldn't resist!

I'm really enjoying this. I can easily see myself playing the whole game (the highest possible compliment from me). It's got a frogger-type mechanic but on clever, living maps. It's extremely polished, fun, and challenging. Makes you think (or you can just be impolite so you never get stuck... it's harder being polite but you get scored on this so it matters). Awesome!

I hope this one gets the traction it deserves.
06-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loox View Post
Okay, I couldn't resist!

I'm really enjoying this. I can easily see myself playing the whole game (the highest possible compliment from me). It's got a frogger-type mechanic but on clever, living maps. It's extremely polished, fun, and challenging. Makes you think (or you can just be impolite so you never get stuck... it's harder being polite but you get scored on this so it matters). Awesome!

I hope this one gets the traction it deserves.
Awesome, thank-you very much!

I hope so too
06-24-2017, 07:51 AM
Before I buy, are there GC leaderboards? Cool concept. loox's post got me really intrigued.
06-24-2017, 08:05 AM
Hey guys.

Maybe I'm just not getting it.
I don't really know how the main menu works.
The game crashed everytime I played.
(After only a minute or two each time.)
This is no Hoplite. The comparison is not good.

For now it seems broken.
Iphone 6s latest IOS.