Upload of pics?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Leegames, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Hi TA

Is there any chance it is possible to up the limit on upload of pics. Whenever I grab a pic on my iPad, it is too high res to be uploaded here. Always fails, and I am guessing that's the reason since it say it is max 2000x2000?

To me at least it seems strange having a mobile site, which is not possible to utilize by mobile only on the format even that they cover. Or am I missing something?

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    If you take a screenshot of what you're trying to up load and upload the screenshot it will work.

3. Leegames

Jul 1, 2010
    Denmark
    But that is what I keep doing and I always get the error while uploading message. Just tried taking a screenshot of the screenshot even and attach it here: "Upload of file failed"

4. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    If you're using the app, I'm pretty sure it's broken. I haven't been able to post attachments using the app for a while. Try going to the website.

5. Leegames

Jul 1, 2010
    Denmark
    I am using safari, so nope, already not using the app.
    :(

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Typical iPad screenshot comes in hi-res at minimum one MB (largest I recall was close to 4), too large for TA's filesize limit.
    And I didn't find an iOS-builtin option to downscale images (aside from the "mail to myself with reduced size", which I find more annoying than just syncing with my computer and uploading from there).

But I guess there are more than enough apps for that out there, maybe even for free ... yup ;) first random search result: Google's Snapseed https://appsto.re/nl/B0umA.i Just downloaded, but don't have time to test it out right now.

7. Leegames

Jul 1, 2010
    Denmark
    Ye, thanks. I was guessing there was a solution somewhere, I would just prefer it was native on site.
    The limit seems like a strange leftover from old days while also not really encouraging user screen uploads.