★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Up There

12-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Up There

I like Up There, but I think it's too hard...I can't get past the clouds and I keep having to go back to the beginning...I don't even know how many levels there are?? Does everyone feel this game is too hard? It should be easier or at least save points.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 12-30-2008 at 09:07 PM.
12-30-2008, 08:57 PM
no. Its like scoops, where you just keep trying again and again just for fun, compare your scores with your friends' and whatnot.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee

12-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by field5 View Post
I like it but I think it's too hard...I can't get past the clouds and I keep having to go back to the beginning...I don't even know how many levels there are?? Does everyone feel this game is too hard? It should be easier or at least save points.
It is indeed challenging. After the clouds, the only thing left is the stars. I asked the dev and he said it takes a lot of practice to get to the stars. For him, he said that he gets to the stars only 1 in 3 plays. I think making it hard only makes you want to play it more and more because you want to try getting higher and higher. But I do agree that having some kind of other mode, (i.e. easy, medium, hard, or something else) would add to the game.
12-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Very interesting looking game. The possibilities are endless for upgrading and improving it. However, I don't care for games that are go till you die then start back at the beginning.
12-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Very interesting looking game. The possibilities are endless for upgrading and improving it. However, I don't care for games that are go till you die then start back at the beginning.
yea same here....I like it but feel like I'm wasting my time accomplishing what I already accomlished 25 times by starting from the beginning I'm not proving anything...
12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
A "game" takes about 2-4 minutes. It's not like it's a big deal to start from the beginning. If it had save points you would easily beat this game in like 10 min and then never touch it again.

Beating it is the challenge. Like old arcade games.
12-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
A "game" takes about 2-4 minutes. It's not like it's a big deal to start from the beginning. If it had save points you would easily beat this game in like 10 min and then never touch it again.

Beating it is the challenge. Like old arcade games.
good point...I never thought of it that way...BUT when all you have is a couple of minutes on a break or something...you don't want to waste your time...especially with all the competition out there there's no shortage of games to turn to
12-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Not much I can say about that point. I mean you are either interested in beating this game or you play something else, it's easy. However getting from level 1 all the way through 5 is the entire game. It only takes maybe 5 minutes to beat all the stages. Save points would totally ruin it, and how would scores even work?
12-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
Not much I can say about that point. I mean you are either interested in beating this game or you play something else, it's easy. However getting from level 1 all the way through 5 is the entire game. It only takes maybe 5 minutes to beat all the stages. Save points would totally ruin it, and how would scores even work?
I do like the game, just don't get the point...i mean if it's a 5 minute game then relpay value would be zero if you were to beat it...and it's more like a 2 and 1/2 minute game since the first 2 1/2 are spent doing what you've already done a million times before....so if the whole point is to beat the game and then move on to something else then let us do that with an option of an easy mode with save points....scores could work based on time it took to reach a certain height...
12-30-2008, 10:01 PM
The only way it would work for me is if the gaps were randomly placed. This way you don't get used to the pattern and each game would be different. Is this how it works, or is it the same pattern each time?