★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A new mobile "Fate RPG," presented by TYPE-MOON!
With an impressive main scenario and multiple character quests,
the game features millions of words of original story!
Packed with content that both fans of the Fate franchise and newcomers will be able to enjoy.

Summary

2017 A.D.
Chaldea, an organization tasked with observing Earth's future, has confirmed that human history will be eliminated at 2019.
Without warning, the promised future of 2017 disappeared.
Why? How? Who? By what means?
AD. 2004. A certain provincial town in Japan.
For the first time ever, a region that could not be observed appeared.
Assuming that this was the cause of humanitys extinction, Chaldea carried out its sixth experiment - time travel into the past.
A forbidden ceremony where they would convert humans into Spiritrons and send them back in time. By intervening in events, they would locate, identify, and destroy the space-time Singularities.
The mission classification is an order to protect Humanity: Grand Order.
This is the title for those who would take a stand against human history and battle fate in order to protect mankind.

Game Introduction

A command card battle RPG optimized for smart phones!
Players become Masters and together with Heroic Spirits, defeat enemies and solve the mystery of human history's disappearance.
It's up the players to form a party with their favorite Heroic Spirits - both new and old.

Game Composition/Scenario Direction
Kinoko Nasu

Character Design/Art Direction
Takashi Takeuchi

Scenario Writers
Yuichiro Higashide, Hikaru Sakurai

Recommended operating system: OS compatible with iOS 8.0 or higher.
Enabled devices: iPhone 5 and higher, iPad 3rd generation and higher, iPad Mini 2 and higher, iPod touch 6th generation
*Please confirm system requirements on home page instead of from the App Store compatibility.
*Incompatible with iPod touch 5th generation and lower, iPhone 4S and lower.
*Incompatible with OS beta versions.

This application uses "CRIWARE (TM)" from CRI Middleware Co. Ltd.
06-25-2017, 06:48 AM
Youtube Gameplay Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btl3-_Fw5HM

Informative/Help Links:

FGO Cirno Everything database
FGO Wiki
Item/Material drop locations and percentages
FGO Material, EXP and Time calculator

Hilarious official FGO Comics

* Please note that guides are mostly translated from the JPN ver., terms may vary from NA.

Hope for no maintenance and be ready for salt. This is an online-only gacha game! But if you love Fate, a deep story, and good art, I'd definitely recommend this one.

Starter servant guides from reddit (by enfohade):

5★ Servants
4★ Servants
3★ Servants
2★ Servants
1★ Servants

Reddit servant guides/analysis/opinions

FYI: Better to pick a servant you like rather than something that's just powerful and you don't like. The game is more fun when you get the servants you love! Most servants can become very powerful with enough leveling and almost all servants are useful. There are many videos of experts beating top tier bosses with 3 star and below units. YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

Learning with FDO comic strip for beginners! by Graveweaver

This game has been out for quite a while with a huge English-speaking community following. There are lots of people out there that would be more than happy to help you out with this game if you want to put time into it. Most people that like Fate have enjoyed FGO (aside from the gacha rates). It's been out for a long enough time that I can confidently say this game is worth playing. Though it'll probably need plenty of downloads and P2W players to help keep it from getting removed from NA app store like some other unfortunate English translated gacha games.

(If I get time I'll try to add more guides on the first post for visibility.)

I'm available to answer most questions about this game since I've been playing the Japanese version since it was first released and I'm a major Fate/Saber fanboy (might be obvious with the FGO avatar I've been using on TA). Don't be shy and ask away and I should be able to help for the most part.

For my starters in FGO JPN I got Saber and Jeanne. For 4 stars I recommend Saber Alter because she gets the coolest animations in the game (imo) and she's quite powerful. Also Beserker is really powerful / immortal once he's maxed out with his personal CE. Nero is also an amazing 4 star with great stats and abilities, plus a powerful multiple revive skill. Saber Alter and Nero are both story locked and cannot be chosen at the beginning of the game.

I will probably not be playing the English version but the games are pretty much identical, except the English version starts out at the beginning of the release cycle.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 06-26-2017 at 11:09 PM.

06-25-2017, 07:05 AM
Is the stamina system very constricting or not too bad?
06-25-2017, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
If anyone needs help with this game, I'll be able to answer a majority of questions if they aren't too technical. I've been playing FGO Jpn version since release and I'm a huge Fate fan. If you love Fate and good art I'd definitely recommend this. Though I must remind everyone this IS a gacha game. Prepare yourself for salt.

I'd love to see this thread become active on TA and then I can help out more!

Edit: I might try posting the thread again with the correct tags. I'm not sure if a mod will see it then we can merge the threads. If not they can delete the extra one. Since this is the game I play the most on my phone I want to make sure the thread is correct!
I hear this game is non-competitive and has no pvp. Yet it is always top gross in japan. Whats the reason?
06-25-2017, 10:04 AM
This is out now? Wooot!
06-25-2017, 12:11 PM
A few notes to people who are interested in this game:

- Servants' identities are revealed as soon as you either get them from the gacha (the lottery system) or use a friend Servant. So if you also intend to watch/play any Fate/Typemoon product (Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, Fate/Extra, Kara no Kyoukai...), better finish them first before playing this game, since you'll be spoiled of every servant's identity.

- Story-wise, the launch chapters are a bit mediocre. However, I guarantee you by the end, you'll not be disappointed.

- If you intend to play as f2p, save up all the free quartz (premium currency used to summon Servants) you get (from login bonus, campaign presents, quest completion...) and only use your hoard on the gacha that features a rate-up (higher chance to roll a specific Servant) you really really want. Why so extreme? Chances are, your favorite Servant(s) may be 4* (Super Rare/SR) or even 5* (Super Super Rare/SSR). The dev claims that the chance to roll a 5* Servant is 1%. Yes. So you may need all the quartz you can get.

- If you want to dip some cash into the gacha, be aware that quartz packs are very pricy. Per TouchArcade's usual lingua, this game's pricing would be called something like "disgustingly greedy."

- That being said, this game is very f2p friendly. More often than not, 3* Servants are enough to carry you through battles. Some 1* and 2* Servants actually possess very useful skills despite their low stats. Moreover, during some occasions (summer holiday, Halloween, Xmas...), the dev will actually hand out free 4* holiday-themed Servants, what's more, you can also max their Noble Phantasm's level! You can also roll a random 4* Servant after making your account. And did I mention that the launch campaign will allow you to pick a 4* Servant of your choice? That's two 4* units, right off the bat in your freshly made account! Long story short: the dev will make sure all regular contents are clearable (and enjoyable) by f2p and whales alike. They are only cashing in your craving for shiny gorgeous 5* Servants who are entirely optional to progress further in the game.

- Recommended 4* Servants to pick when you start:
+ Heracles: a 4* berserker that is stronger than a lot of 5* servants. He'll just, really good. Not a cute anime girl but he makes up by being ****ing metal.
+ Tamamo Cat: another berserker that is more suitable for farming since her NP is AoE (hits all enemies). Is also cute and a bit crazy.
+ Marie Antoinette: a lot of self-heal and shields. A good survival unit. And she has a cute hat.
+ Carmilla: a pretty decent assassin in terms of damage and generation.
+ FSN Archer (you'll be spoiled of his identity): this guy starts out meh but will get a lot of buffs in future updates. He also gets bonus in a lot of events. A long term investment I guess?

- Recommended Servants for beginners to raise (don't look down on lower-star servants, their stats may be modest but they are cheap to raise and can still get the job done):
+ Arash (1*): His NP (Noble Phantasm) hits very hard. Then he dies. Useful if you want a one-off bomb, but make sure you have a main damage dealer before raising him.
+ Kojiro (1*): good skills and a single-target NP. A good budget assassin.
+ Cursed-Arm Hassan (2*): more survivability and critical stars than Kojiro. Another good cheap assassin.
+ Hans Anderson (2*): really useful support unit for beginners. His buffs might make a difference during tough battles.
+ Saint George (2*): very good tank unit. He takes the hits and dies so that your other Servants may survive long enough to win the fight.
+ Cu Chulainn (3*): he is IMMORTAL (srsly insane survivability).
+ Medea (3*): pretty much the only caster at launch to have a single-target NP, so she'll be handy in case you come across an assassin boss.
+ Ushiwakamaru (3*): good skills and a strong ST NP. Her design is ridiculous but well, that's anime logic for ya.
+ Caesar (3*): decent skills and a ST NP. Yes, he looks... shocking. But if you lack gold (4* or 5*) sabers, he'll be your best shot. You do get a free 4*!Saber Lily from the launch campaign but she somewhat underperforms.

There are a lot more to cover in this game, mostly battle mechanics, but those can be learnt on the go. Good luck exploring the Fate/Grand Order universe.

=>> HEY YOU! Why own an iPad if you haven't played CRABITRON? <<=

Playing: FGO, Threes!, Duet Game, Implosion, Ski Safari, Joan Mad Run, hocus, Love You To Bits, Goblin Sword, Layton Brother, Solomon's Keep, Punch Quest (Recommend them all!)
06-25-2017, 12:42 PM
Thanks for all the good help Squashy.
Picked this one up this morning after seeing it pop up out of no where.
I always like to find out more about these type games before starting.
06-25-2017, 12:51 PM
It's showing a "It's still not playable due to preparing for launch" window after loading for a while.
06-25-2017, 01:02 PM
We already have Saber Lyly 4* from launch event
06-25-2017, 02:48 PM
Should I have played past games in this series to enjoy this? I'm excited for launch, I've been craving a new high quality game for a while, and my gacha addiction needs sating!