★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SageGames
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.1 MB
  • Version: 1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A great dynamic path tower defense game. Very addictive. Easy mode will keep your attention for 15-25 minutes depending on skill, and Endless mode will keep your attention forever!

Pick up towers from the right, and drag them onto the play field on the left. Then click the start button when you are ready to wage Critter War!

Features
- Automatic Save Game
- High Score Table
- 8 Kinds of unique Towers ( including teleport towers, electric floors, and inverted lightning rods!)
- 100+ different strategies
- Great line art
- 3 Difficulty settings

Tips
- Arrange your towers so critters have to go a long ways to get around them
- Arrange your towers so critters have to turn often
- Send critters in early for more points (if your brave)
10-27-2009, 09:03 AM
anyone try it yet? can't make heads or tails out of the art direction.

10-27-2009, 09:52 AM
I haven't played this game for months, but I enjoyed it at the time, for a buck it was worth it to me. If I remember correctly, there's only one level though, which can be played on easy, normal, hard and endless. The repetitive audios got annoying fast though with crap like "who built this maze, your little sister?". Thankfully, I was able to remove the audio I didn't care about from the APP, which helped me enjoy this game quite a bit better.

Anyway, it's an okay little game if you don't mind the fact that it only has one level.
10-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd2010 View Post
I haven't played this game for months, but I enjoyed it at the time, for a buck it was worth it to me. If I remember correctly, there's only one level though, which can be played on easy, normal, hard and endless. The repetitive audios got annoying fast though with crap like "who built this maze, your little sister?". Thankfully, I was able to remove the audio I didn't care about from the APP, which helped me enjoy this game quite a bit better.

Anyway, it's an okay little game if you don't mind the fact that it only has one level.
are you referring to a beta you had access to? as the game shows to be just released. thanks for the info.
10-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
are you referring to a beta you had access to? as the game shows to be just released. thanks for the info.
I think it has been out for awhile, but they probably took it off the app store and just put it back on. I remember seeing it when I first got my iPod, back in June.

Currently Listening To: Wolfmother
10-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Quote:
No, this was released 6 months ago as "Critter War" (no S) by a different developer. Or more likely the same developer with a different name.

Interestingly enough, it was one five star review by a guy who gave the previous release five stars as well. I only mention this because its the only way to see the old game as the old game is gone but its reviews remain.

I didn't think it was that good the first time, so I don't plan to buy it again. Plus this seems to be the exact same game as before. Its not even an upgrade.

Michael
10-27-2009, 01:16 PM
ah, thanks for the info. guess i'll hold off for some additional reviews before biting.
10-27-2009, 01:19 PM
*One* level?

Meh..

Ipad 2 64gb, Ipod Touch 4 32gb. Avid gamer.
Too many favorites to list!
Agon/Open Feint/Gameloft/Plus+/Crystal/Game Center/XboxLive: "Zallman"
10-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Quote:
ah, thanks for the info. guess i'll hold off for some additional reviews before biting.
It also might be worth holding off because the developer may just decide to pull it from the app store and re-release it to see if he can get people to buy it again.

Michael
10-27-2009, 01:39 PM
I have the armor games version which is the sane but no longer in the store. The game is the closest td to desktop tower defense that the iPhone has seen yet it lacks health bars for the creeps. It's not a bad buy for 99 cents yet thr level of td games have improved vastly since it's release.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*