★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** BAFTA-nominated Best New Property 2015 **

Jump, slide and fly your way through a beautiful, mind-bending world in this award-winning, puzzle-platforming adventure.

The island of Kalimba has been cast into darkness by an evil shaman. Your totems must journey from the underworld to the heavens in order to restore light to the land. Thankfully, Hoebear the vaguely bear-shaped Metabear will be your spirit guide in this quest. Rebuild the totem pole to bring back the positive vibes to Kalimba.

In Kalimba, you play two coloured totem pole pieces simultaneously one on the top half, and one on the bottom half of the screen. Avoid dark pits, deadly spikes and roaming enemies, but remember the totems move together. One totem jumps over a hole, the other jumps into spikes; one soars into the sky while the other tumbles into the abyss.

==========

Beautiful, wonderfully designed, thoughtful and thought-provoking
10/10 Official Xbox Magazine

With its smart design and mind-melting puzzles [...] Kalimba is the new golden child of PC platformers.
5/5 - Expert Reviews

One of the biggest treats I have had all year
9/10 God is a Geek

Precise, taxing and faintly adorable, it's the [Xbox]One's secret platforming weapon. Got a sneering Nintendo fan coming over? Show them this thing and their happy, colourful brains will be blown into rainbow chunks."
Games Radar

Kalimba is a beautiful, cheerful platformer that finds a neat middle ground between reflex-oriented running and taxing puzzle solving.
81/100 - PC Gamer

Kalimba not only has one of the best cooperative experiences around, but it also has a strong single-player element.
8/10 Destructoid

Kalimba is a delightful game. Bright colours, tight controls, platforming, animals with accessories
Rock Paper Shotgun

==========

CAMPAIGN
Play through an exciting single-player adventure where every new level will test your platforming and puzzle-solving skills.

CO-OP
Share a local co-op challenge on one device - a fiendishly challenging experience that will make or break any friendship. Co-op is only available on iPad.

CHALLENGES
Collect all the gold totems, find and beat the secret challenge rooms, and compete on the leaderboards.

If you enjoy Kalimba, please leave a rating, check out our other titles, or simply follow @FlashbulbGames on Twitter and Facebook.

Boardumb's comments:

06-28-2017, 06:17 PM
Trailer looks great. Premium platformer with single player, co-op and leaderboards. Definitely considering picking this up. Just get a little wary when I start buying games before the "official" realease time. Seems like your kinda game, Boardumb

06-28-2017, 10:54 PM
Bought game and can report no MFi controller support.

Played first level and game has lots of charm and looks great. Basic virtual controls (left, right, jump). If you dont mind on screen controls this game seems pretty solid based on the reviews I've read.

My only disappointment thus far is no MFi support. Really hope dev reads this and can add the option to a future update. May play another level or two but I'm holding out for controller support.
06-28-2017, 11:08 PM
This game is fricking awesome. Great reviews online too, if you're still on the fence
06-28-2017, 11:34 PM
With a 81 on Metacritic for PC and Xbox version this just caught my interest. The level design looks lovely but I'll wait for imps on the controllers.
06-30-2017, 01:21 AM
Whoa, over 24 hours since release and this thread's not active? The level design in this game is the stuff of legend. Literally mind-boggling. You NEED to check this out!

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
06-30-2017, 02:07 AM
Hey everyone! Developers of Kalimba here. Thank you for all the kind words In regards to controller support, we will look at how high the demand is and then consider coding it in.

We could use a bit of testing help - if anyone is playing on iPad could you let us know if the resolution seems low/ugly in the new 1.1 Update? And let us know what iPad version you have too. Thanks in advance!

Visit FlashbulbGames.com for more information
or follow us on twitter and Facebook
06-30-2017, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashbulbGames View Post
Hey everyone! Developers of Kalimba here. Thank you for all the kind words In regards to controller support, we will look at how high the demand is and then consider coding it in.

We could use a bit of testing help - if anyone is playing on iPad could you let us know if the resolution seems low/ugly in the new 1.1 Update? And let us know what iPad version you have too. Thanks in advance!
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I am playing your game on my iPad Air with the latest enterprise iOS under the hood; non-jailbroken. The resolution on does seem to have degraded a bit and the totem pieces are a little fuzzy. Also, after completing the levels to get the 4th and 5th totems, the game freezes. When I press the play button or the replay button, the screen is unresponsive. After hitting the home button, the game closes out after 20 seconds returning to my home screen. Please look into these concerns.
07-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Hey ColeDaddy!

Can you tell me if your game crash issues persists in the 1.2 update we released ~16 hours ago? The lowered resolution on your iPad Air is unfortunately intentional. We had to lower it a bit on some devices to avoid frame rate drops.

Visit FlashbulbGames.com for more information
or follow us on twitter and Facebook

Last edited by FlashbulbGames; 07-01-2017 at 07:25 AM.
07-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Yes, that is the build I'm currently using