★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Touch Arcaders Against Piracy

10-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Touch Arcaders Against Piracy

After reading from yet another developer who is getting crushed by piracy, I decided to create a group called Touch Arcade Against Piracy with the goal of showing developers that we see this platform as a viable gaming machine, and are willing to pay them for their hard work. I would love for TA to be known as the forum that doesn't tolerate piracy. If you agree, please join, and help make this the largest group in TA.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=145

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

Last edited by Prab; 10-27-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: renamed to TAAP
10-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Piracy isn't always bad.

10-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu` View Post
Piracy isn't always bad.
Yes it is.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
10-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Nop. Here comes my very old example for this. Thanks to the developers, not all games are aviable in all country's AppStore. How could I play, let's say, Civilization Revolution if not by using a pirated copy of it?
10-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
After reading from yet another developer who is getting crushed by piracy, I decided to create a group called Touch Arcaders United Against Piracy with the goal of showing developers that we see this platform as a viable gaming machine, and are willing to pay them for their hard work. I would love for TA to be known as the forum that doesn't tolerate piracy. If you agree, please join, and help make this the largest group in TA.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=145
Cool..Count me in!!

Quote:
Piracy isn't always bad.
How do you justify this statement? It's the same thing as walking into a store, pocketing an item, and walking out without paying for it. How is this sort of behavior EVER alright to do?
10-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Piracy isn't always bad.
This site should practice zero tolerance against piracy! People should understand that when you resort to piracy you deprive the very people who worked long and hard to give you this games!
10-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Nop. Here comes my very old example for this. Thanks to the developers, not all games are aviable in all country's AppStore. How could I play, let's say, Civilization Revolution if not by using a pirated copy of it?
You could create an account in another country's app store and purchase it that way. You are using a very specific example that doesn't really address the fact that piracy uncontrolled could kill the app store. If you want to justify your part in that, go ahead, but I don't agree.

10-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Send a message via AIM to onewithchaos
you could always change the country for your store. I dont why people dont do that. Shouldnt that work?
10-27-2009, 09:50 AM
@IpodLady, @SarcasticGamer: Answer to my question is post #4 please, then.

Edit: #7, #8: I couldn't as I need a real address in that country, wich I havent't got.
10-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Piracy isn't always bad.
How can you say that? There's lots of things wring and bad about piracy.

Anyways, I joined the group