The Big Bullet Hell Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Destroytheself, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Destroytheself

Destroytheself Active Member

Feb 3, 2017
    Hey,

One or two threads like this have probably been created in the past. I find myself enjoying bullet hell games and some more arcade-like shooters more than any genre on iOS, and decided to create this spot where players with similar preferences can post recommendations and news. I can open with a few questions, answer what you will and know.

1) Does anyone know what's going on with Cave? Their games have not been updated to 64-bit and I can't find any news about future games.

2) Would you be interested in joining a subreddit dedicated to bullet hell gaming on android/ iOS?

3) What are your top bullet hell/ shmup games on iOS right now?

For me:
    Phoenix 2
    Bullet Hell Monday
    Touhou Ordeal of Divine Spirit
    Steredenn (horisontal and roguelite, sure, but could appeal to bullet hell gamers)

News: Danmaku Unlimited 3 is scheduled to be released on august 10th, and at a reduced initial price!

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    No bullet hell thread is complete without Sky Force Reloaded.

:)

3. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    I don't consider Sky Force a bullet hell game, but it's a nice arcade shooter. I find the touch controls a bit buttery and the lack of an easily distinguishable hitbox bugs me. Plus some areas are a more or less a dps check, I found.

But it looks great and I've certainly had some pleasant hours with it.

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Destroytheself I am with you on Cave
    Very concerned no updates to a lot of games and not cheap games
    I think Cave makes the best iOS bullet hell games for sure
    Bug Princess being one of my favorite
    What's your take on Operation Dracula I like it as well

5. Destroytheself

Feb 3, 2017
    Yeah, it will be sad to see them all go..

Haven't tried Operation Dracula, I've heard it's ridiculously hard? I mean, I like that, but not if I'll never complete the first level, haha.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same... not bullet hell.

Danmaku Unlimited 3 is almost here :)

Bullet Hell Monday, Phoenix HD and Phoenix 2, and Danmaku Unlimited 2 (will most likely be replaced with the sequel soon) are my staples.

7. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Yo!
    # Thread
    Mabey make another thread that has talk of Shmups & Bullet Heavens?
    To me i like when Shmup & Bullet Heavens are both brought into the light 4 this genre there will be more categories when surfing the net & here @ the TouchArcade Zone.
    I think if we can have those Bullet Heavens translated for more languages that might be a key especially 4 iOS to get out to the masses.

CAVE may surprise us this year wit newness updates & sales

With iOS 11 screen recorder i'm looking farward 4 Devs to take great advantage to get their creations viewed & played.

Arcades are forefront in Skycurser's aim to help bring them back. I think that iz so Awesomely fresh for our beloved Shmup & Bullet Heaven genre

I'm super golden stoked to play Sunny Tam's new creation on a bigger screen

What are some of yallz favorite places for being informed on old & new games? I tune into Studio Mudprints colorful stations for the goodie bags