★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Jeffrey Yim
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 159.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Youve gone Rogue and the world is overrun by four hacker factions. Your decisions and hacking skills will keep the balance of power between them all

***Powerful Decisions***

Every decision matters. Your choices control which factions remain in power, who will go to war, create alliances, or remain at peace. You may have gone Rogue, but all the factions rely on you to get things done.

Choose your own path as your decisions affect how the dynamic story unfolds. The branching stories constantly change depending on your decisions and who remains in power. But beware; every decision might have implications in the future that may dangerously shift the balance of power. Its game over if a faction gains absolute control or loses all their power.

***Fast-Action Hacking***

Hack into rival factions computer systems with your ever expanding loadout of hacking powers. Hack into the deepest systems with simple one tap controls, while unleashing devastating powers with the push of a button.

Features
- Branching story depending on your decisions
- Fast-Action Hacking
- One tap controls
- Upgradeable hacking powers

Jeff's comments:

07-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Wow this looks really cool!

07-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Thanks!

I was inspired by Reigns and wanted to add some twists to the formula. Mainly I wanted to expand on the idea of factions reacting to your choices and who's in power. For example, factions will try to form alliances when they're weak. Or they might go to war based on your actions.

I love it when a weak faction pleas for your help one minute, but they'll get cocky and look down on you when they have a lot of power. It's satisfying hacking into their systems and bringing them down a peg!

Jeff

Download my latest game: Rogue Hacker https://itunes.apple.com/app/rogue-h...0829?ls=1&mt=8
07-05-2017, 10:48 PM
I noticed the Reigns influence in the trailer, but it looks like there's an additional gameplay layer on top of that (the hacking and such). Hard to tell how that part works from the trailer. Hopefully AppUnwrapper or someone else will make a video. Actually, after watching the trailer several times, it looks like the hacking works by not touching the orbiting objects when jumping between nodes. Neat idea.

Last edited by Misguided; 07-05-2017 at 10:51 PM.
07-05-2017, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I noticed the Reigns influence in the trailer, but it looks like there's an additional gameplay layer on top of that (the hacking and such). Hard to tell how that part works from the trailer. Hopefully AppUnwrapper or someone else will make a video. Actually, after watching the trailer several times, it looks like the hacking works by not touching the orbiting objects when jumping between nodes. Neat idea.
This sounds cool...
07-06-2017, 02:42 AM
@Misguided, yup you're right about the hacking. It's a mini-game where you tap anywhere on the screen to make your green orb leap from node to node. The goal is to reach the end of the line of nodes without touching any of the red firewalls. It sounds simple, but these systems can get really difficult to hack when you have to hack 20 nodes in a row.

Hopefully you'll see it from the trailer, the hacking game has some more depth with the introduction of hacking powers. These powers let you destroy firewalls, add extra time, slow down/stop firewalls and more.

Jeff

Download my latest game: Rogue Hacker https://itunes.apple.com/app/rogue-h...0829?ls=1&mt=8
07-06-2017, 09:02 AM
I'll probably wait for sell since this takes a lot of inspiration from Reigns I'm worried about being repetitive like Reigns as well.
07-06-2017, 09:58 AM
This game is pretty great. I haven't played Reigns, so I can't compare them, but there is a lot of replay here and the actual hacking is fun as well. I especially love it when you know your game continuing depends on a successful hack, as it really adds tension to it.

My only issue so far is that I wish you would get more coins for playing, but there are IAP coins, so I understand the fewer free coins I guess.

Also, sometimes it's not apparent who you are helping or hurting, like when you invest in a certain industry over another. Is that by design?

Last edited by MrMojoRisin; 07-06-2017 at 10:00 AM.
07-06-2017, 02:14 PM
@MrMojoRisin Who you help or hurt depends on what the faction is asking and your decision. It also depends on their interests/personalities which you'll learn over time.

For instance Spades is a government agent so they're all about surveillance and spying on people. Hearts looks out for the people and environment. Clubs generally likes to cause chaos, and Diamonds is effectively a high tech bank robber who loves money.

If your choices align with their interests, you'll help them, otherwise it'll hurt them.

There are lots of ways to earn coins in the game. You can earn coins through certain critical missions, making successful hacks, and every time the game ends. I really wanted the IAP to be completely optional, since getting the hacker powers are not a requirement to enjoying the game. Getting new hacking powers was designed to be the "meta-game" of having something to strive for to unlock and keep playing.

Thanks for checking out the game, I'm so happy you're enjoying it!

Jeff

07-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Jeff, I really think this would benefit from a gameplay video. I think it would be wise for you to PM AppUnwrapper or someone like that and offer them a code.