★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Start playing Medieval Miner today and start your mining career!

Medieval Miner is the best match 3 puzzle game to land in your hands. Match resources to create 3 in a row or match 4 (or more) to receive bonus experience and level up faster!

All resources that you match are collected in your inventory and used to complete quests or sell to other players on the public market.

Complete quests without worrying about running out of moves. Each quest will give you Experience to level up and propel you higher on the global leader board for all the Kingdom to see!

Some quests will ask for items that you'll need to craft from other resources that you've mined or purchased on the public market. You can also sell your own resources on the public market to other players and make a great income!

Medieval Miner is completely free to play, but some in-game items will require an optional payment.

By downloading this game you are agreeing to our terms of service: http://www.medievalminer.com/termsofuse.html

Medieval Miner features:
No moves to worry about, just mine, craft, trade with other players and complete quests!
Craft resources into new Items and either use them in quests or sell them to other players
Trade on the public market for resources you need to complete quests or sell your own resources to other players!
Challenge your friends on the global leader board which works across all supported devices and platforms!
Sync your game between all your devices so you can pickup and play where you left off

Follow us to get news and updates;
facebook.com/MedievalMiner
Twitter @Medieval_Miner
http://www.medievalminer.com/

Have fun playing Medieval Miner!

CliffCawley's comments:
Hello
I've spent the last year of my spare time working on this project and released it not long ago. I've got plenty of great features still to add but I'd love to hear some feedback from all of you!

These days this space seems to be completely dominated by the likes of King, but I don't like their game play style with limited moves and candy focused graphics.

I thought I'd create my own spin with a competitive edge as well as the ability to trade with other players on the Market for Resources you don't have access to.

It'd be great if you could download my game and play through.

You level up similar to a classic RPG by mining resources and completing Quests. You'll unlock features along the way but I won't say too much so that you can still experience the journey

Here's the promo video:

Youtube link | Pop Up



Have fun playing Medieval Miner and I'd love to hear any feedback you have!

07-12-2017, 04:47 PM
#2
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,583
Well I've just spent a half hour on this and I'm kind of torn at the moment.

Its a well made if a bit basic (so far) match3er with a series of 'quests' which involve collecting resources to gain XP and coins to level up. So far so good, but I'm at level 6 and seeing very little change or progression and it's getting just a little bit tedious. I can see that crafting and markets unlock at level 12 but that feels a long way away without any change or development in the mechanics (Although there has been some new cell types added).

So it doesn't offer anything new and I know I said it's getting a bit tedious but there is something kind of relaxing about it and I have enjoyed my time with it so far - Give it a pop if you're a fan of the genre, at the very least there's no timer or energy system going on.

07-12-2017, 05:10 PM
#3
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Eastern usa
Posts: 98
This is fantastic!
I really like how the quests use the inventory you've mined through matching, this sort of set up is much more apealing to me than a typical highscore chaser. There's a lot that will keep me invested and playing. I like playing towards goals / purposeful playing...if that even makes sense.
Ive already expanded my inventory once, I like that your able to expand as needed ( via IAP )..That's the only IAP I've came across, but I've only played for an hr and have lots to unlock.
This has no timers ...lives or other nonsense that usually annoys .... awesome to play as much and as long as you want
Really liking this so far, it's different and unique and not your typical Match3 !
07-12-2017, 10:22 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
Well I've just spent a half hour on this and I'm kind of torn at the moment.

Its a well made if a bit basic (so far) match3er with a series of 'quests' which involve collecting resources to gain XP and coins to level up. So far so good, but I'm at level 6 and seeing very little change or progression and it's getting just a little bit tedious. I can see that crafting and markets unlock at level 12 but that feels a long way away without any change or development in the mechanics (Although there has been some new cell types added).

So it doesn't offer anything new and I know I said it's getting a bit tedious but there is something kind of relaxing about it and I have enjoyed my time with it so far - Give it a pop if you're a fan of the genre, at the very least there's no timer or energy system going on.
Thanks for the feedback orangecan!

Crafting will unlock before level 12, right now you're being introduced to the boosts.

I'm looking at adding new features to expand on the end game but I'd love to hear your thoughts too.

I know you said it feels tedious to you, do you have any suggestions as to how I could improve that feeling for you?
07-12-2017, 10:27 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
This is fantastic!
I really like how the quests use the inventory you've mined through matching, this sort of set up is much more apealing to me than a typical highscore chaser. There's a lot that will keep me invested and playing. I like playing towards goals / purposeful playing...if that even makes sense.
Ive already expanded my inventory once, I like that your able to expand as needed ( via IAP )..That's the only IAP I've came across, but I've only played for an hr and have lots to unlock.
This has no timers ...lives or other nonsense that usually annoys .... awesome to play as much and as long as you want
Really liking this so far, it's different and unique and not your typical Match3 !
I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it Beth! Especially that you picked up on the positives that I added to ensure it was quite different to the usual match 3 games like Candy Crush.

Is there anything you'd like to see changed or you think I've missed?

Right now the only long term goal is the high score table, but I understand that it doesn't appeal to everyone, especially since having a long term high score table will mean that later joiners will find it difficult to catch up if the top players continue to play.

I've got a few plans that I'm aiming towards but would love to hear from others so that I can incorporate the ideas too

Cliff
07-13-2017, 01:04 AM
#6
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffCawley View Post
Is there anything you'd like to see changed or you think I've missed?
Landscape
07-13-2017, 01:14 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Landscape
Oh well landscaping is probably a bit far off yet, I was going to tackle it making you a coffee or toast first...

Landscape mode is definitely on the cards, do you have any game play suggestions too or would you say you're happy with it how it is?
07-13-2017, 01:31 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffCawley View Post
Oh well landscaping is probably a bit far off yet, I was going to tackle it making you a coffee or toast first...

Landscape mode is definitely on the cards, do you have any game play suggestions too or would you say you're happy with it how it is?
Unfortunately, I haven't played it. It's very unusual for me to play a game that's portrait-only, for a variety of reasons.
07-13-2017, 01:34 AM
#9
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't played it. It's very unusual for me to play a game that's portrait-only, for a variety of reasons.
No worries, perhaps once I've added a landscape mode you'll be able to give it a spin
07-13-2017, 01:38 AM
#10
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffCawley View Post
No worries, perhaps once I've added a landscape mode you'll be able to give it a spin
Cool. Always on the lookout for a good match-3