The Wolf's Bite - One-vs-One Choose-Your-Own-Adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ericmbernier, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericmbernier

ericmbernier Member
    Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

The Wolf's Bite is a one-versus-one choose-your-own-adventure game with an entrepreneur fairy tale twist. Inspired by stories such as "The Three Little Pigs" and "The Stinky Cheeseman and Other Fairly Stupid Tales", the game revolves around thwarting the other player while ensuring your business thrives. Be a Professional Chef or a Revengeful Saboteur, the competition is on.

After failing to thrive in the highly competitive residential demolition industry, mostly due to difficulties dealing with brick construction, The Big Bad Wolf decided it was time for a career change. Unable to resist the lure of entrepreneurship, he decided to enter the restaurant business.

The Three Little Pigs, dissatisfied with their free sample demolitions, are conspiring against The Big Bad Wolf and his new restaurant, The Wolf’s Bite. The grand opening is this week. Will The Big Bad Wolf finally launch a successful enterprise or will the Three Little Pigs throw up a metaphorical brick wall and stop him?

[​IMG]

The Wolf's Bite is a hybrid between a visual novel and a choose-your-own-adventure game that can be played against another friend locally or solo versus the computer. Depending on which player you choose, you'll be trying to make your restaurant succeed or you will sabotage the other party from doing so.

Players take turns and are able to explore various locations within the city while making whimsical choices over the course of seven days, when the Critics Committee will pay The Wolf's Bite a visit and judge its quality. You'll need to watch out for your own reputation and cash, as this affects your chance of success and triggering special events. Sometimes taking direct action towards your goal is ideal, but you might be surprised at how allowing yourself a simple chill break by the lake can do.

Side events will happen at each location depending on your progress or on how successful the other players actions have been. Each decision you make can lead to great rewards or dire consequences so choose wisely!

[​IMG]

• - A competitive choose-your-own-adventure game for one or two players.
    • - Over 375 unique paths through the game for each player, almost every playthrough can be completely different.
    • - Over twenty unique endings, all of which are decided by the decisions you and your opponent make...or don’t make.
    • - Set in a unique fairy tale world, inspired by many of the classics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CREDITS

RELEASE
    We were greenlit on Steam back in early May and have a mid-late August release goal for PC / Mac. Once the Steam release passes we intend to release on iOS in early Fall, hopefully late September.

Though this is my first post here, I've been a long time listener of the podcast. I have been anxious to share The Wolf's Bite with the community, especially now that we have it working nicely on iOS. I'll try to keep this thread up to date with any iOS development progress. Thank you so much for reading, and we are looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks really good I'm excited to see it in action

3. georgesprites

georgesprites Member

Jun 25, 2017
    I like the aesthetic it has going on.

4. Signy

Signy New Member

May 9, 2017
    This looks absolutely charming. I look forward to following its development.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Looks really good to me.

6. ericmbernier

ericmbernier Member
    Patreon Bronze

Thanks for the kind words everyone, they mean a lot to us. :)

We should be opening up beta testing via TestFlight in the near future, if anyone is interested feel free to send me a private message and I'll will be in touch once ready.

7. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    I'm in for sure

8. PlatinumLifeOW

Feb 7, 2017
    I definitely need to try this out. Looks interesting!

9. ericmbernier

ericmbernier Member
    Patreon Bronze

So we have set the Steam release for August 21, 2017. Once we launch there it will be all systems go on iOS beta testing.

10. Neverswim

Neverswim Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2017
    gameplayer
    Beijing, China
    oh that's terrific. I guess I will try it on steam first. Always look forward to seeing this on mobile.

11. momoking

momoking Active Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Graphics look nice but I think I need more comments...
    Anyway it attracts me so I'll keep following when it's released on steam.

12. Applepen

Applepen Active Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Wow, really looks cute!

13. ericmbernier

ericmbernier Member
    Patreon Bronze

Again, thanks for all of the compliments. Keep em' coming :D

I just wrapped up the Steam Achievements implementation, and we have a few people beta testing things on Steam. This should allow us to start focusing solely on the iOS release very soon.

In the mean time, here are a few random GIFs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couple of time lapse GIFs of the art being worked on:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note, the UI is tailored to the PC/Mac release right now, so the overall look will change slightly for iOS.

14. MindCakeGames

MindCakeGames Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Indie Developers
    Singapore
    Gosh! I'm loving the art style and the concept!

15. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    I'm a here if you need more steam testers

16. cokamouse

cokamouse Active Member

Oct 12, 2016
    iOS Game Reviewer & webdev
    Mississauga ONTARIO
    I'm charmed. Very much looking forward this one, both on Steam and iOS.

17. ericmbernier

ericmbernier Member
    Patreon Bronze

@dreadnok I'll send you a PM over the weekend to beta test on Steam. We are wrapping up a few things that could use some more eyeballs.

@cokamouse Thanks :) Karen's art is definitely very charming.

18. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Great thanks

19. ericmbernier

ericmbernier Member
    Patreon Bronze

We went quiet here for a bit, but today we are happy to announce The Wolf's Bite has officially launched on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/656040/The_Wolfs_Bite/

With that said, we are full steam (no pun intended, I swear) ahead onto the iOS release for this fall. Sorry to any that I didn't get a Steam beta key to. However, we should be ready to take on iOS beta testers in the next few weeks. We will make an official announcement here.

Lastly, here are a few fresh screenshots, with all our last minute polish and touchups added:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Congrats on the steam launch I look forward to the iOS one