★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Don't Eat Us - A horror themed swiping game

07-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Don't Eat Us - A horror themed swiping game

Hello Touch Arcade Community!

UPDATE (September 4) - The game's launch trailer. Available on the App Store, September 5, 2017.

Youtube link | Pop Up

UPDATE (September 3) - The game will be available on the App Store on September 5, 2017.

UPDATE (July 27) - Thanks to everyone who provided their feedback on the game and recommendations have been considered and implemented. A new beta version will be available to testers next week with new gameplay and more characters.

PLEASE SEE REGISTRATION FOR TESTING BELOW

I developed a horror themed (kid friendly) mobile game for the iPhone, iPod and iPad that is currently being beta tested internally. I'm also planning to engage the forum community to test my game and will be posting the invite soon.

Title: Don't Eat Us

Launch Date: August 2017

About the game: A group of children is finding their way home. Help them from being eaten by zombies, wolves and other night creatures. Complete the game and reveal a story about the character you assume, the struggle and longing to escape this dark domain.

Game mechanics: You have 3 lives (the number of children you need to protect). You are able to gain lives throughout the levels. Tap on the creatures or use swipe powers to kill. Swipe powers are earned as the game progresses.

Swipe up - protection from enemies behind
Swipe down - protection from enemies up front
Swipe left - shoot comets for elevated enemies
Special powers - in the works...

Pick up power stones for swipe power count. Unlimited power stones can be bought in-app (app and in-app purchase pricing not available yet but will be on the low tier) but you can finish the game by managing the stones you acquire in-game.

Levels are automatically saved.

Game screenshots are posted on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ctorioapps

Please see trailer and gameplay below.

Trailer 1

Youtube link | Pop Up

Gameplay 1

Youtube link | Pop Up

If you have questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Christopher Torio

Last edited by chrismtorio; 09-04-2017 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Added announcement of app's launch date.
07-13-2017, 12:12 PM
INVITATION TO TEST

While finalizing the app, please send me a PM if you're interested to play/test the game (TestFlight).
Provide the following information:

1. e-mail address
2. device model

Sincerely,

Christopher Torio

07-13-2017, 06:03 PM
Mayterra84@gmail.com
iPhone 7
07-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Hey! Looks good!
07-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Beta

Live_1987_@outlook.com

iPhone 7
07-14-2017, 12:24 AM
hyltonj65@yahoo.com
iphone 7 plus
ios 10.3.2
07-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Please send to me, this looks like a great game and i cant wait to play danrmart@gmail.com
07-14-2017, 11:49 PM
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomFlix View Post
Hey! Looks good!
I appreciate the comment SomFlix. I also received your PM. A test build will be available very soon!
07-14-2017, 11:50 PM
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMarT View Post
Please send to me, this looks like a great game and i cant wait to play danrmart@gmail.com
Thanks DMarT. I will be sending the test build soon.
07-17-2017, 09:15 AM
Beta Testing

It was brought to my attention that the beta app crashes on a certain version of iOS. It will be looked into accordingly. If the game crashes on your device, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Christopher Torio