Tic Tac Tower - World's First Tic Tac Toe RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kisguri, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Kisguri

Kisguri Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    #1 Kisguri, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    [​IMG]

Tony D and myself wanted to share our latest work with you guys. Tic Tac Tower, The world's first Tic Tac Toe RPG. I had the idea for this game when "powdering my nose", if you will, in a restroom stall at the Bakersfield Airport business park in of the hangars. There was no air conditioning and it was at least a 110 degrees in the restroom. I
    found myself glaring down at the square tiled floor when the idea came to me. I don't know if it was the universe sending me the inspiration or if was it simply because I was about to pass out from heat exhaustion!? Regardless of Tic Tac Tower's humbling beginnings we are ready to start sharing it with you and we hope you will like what you see so far!

Let us know if you have any questions!

Recent Image of the Fire Tower

[​IMG]

Story

The Royal Xnights of the Xingdom defend the realm by use of the four towers. Each tower protecting one the four corners of the land. The evil Ork Captain coveting these lands for himself is always scheming against the Xnights to capture the Towers and turn them against them.

Late one night when the youngest of the Xnights, Sir Xandor, was supposed to be guarding the tower keys, fell asleep. Always watchful and waiting for the right moment the Ork Captain snuck by the sleeping guardian and snatched up the keys. Sir Xandor awakens to find the keys missing and Towers in the control of the Ork Captain, his four lieutenants and their horde of monsters.

Help Sir Xandor reclaim control of each Tower in this Tic Tac Toe RPG hybrid. Battling your way to the top of each tower and defeating the Ork Captain’s four Lieutenants.

Basic Game play Gif

[​IMG]

Overview

Player moves across dungeon by connecting three (Tic Tac Toe) squares together, Direction you move in is determined in the last move’s direction from starting square to landing square in 8 directions. Each move you make will be followed by a move from the Ork forces whom will begin to occupy squares around you.

Reach the stairs in each dungeon floor to climb to the next level. Make sure to watch your health and keep the enemy Ork forces from getting three enemies in row or your mission will be short lived.

Collect coins and gems scattered throughout the dungeon, allowing you to buy items of use to aid Xandor and crew in their quest like Potions, weapons, and magic sigils.

Coming Soon for iOS App store and Google Play

https://www.facebook.com/TicTacTower/

https://clickteam.itch.io/tic-tac-tower

2. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Couple more Gifs

The World Map

[​IMG]

More Battle

[​IMG]

3. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Lol...beeeen there buddy

Powdering tha nose eh? Inspiration springs forth from the combination of euphoria and finding oneself in odd and uncomfortable situations; been there =D
    I have actually thought about tic tac toe as a possible mechanic for a mobile rpg/strategy type game before, glad to see someone has had a similar idea and is actually putting it into action! Love the idea, so far it looks great, let us forum rats here know if you need any beta testers!
    Sid

4. ComplaintDept

ComplaintDept Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Looks good

This looks really cool. I can't wait to see more of the game in action. If you need any beta testers count me in!

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Oh wow, what a great idea!
    I can't wait to play this!

6. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Glad the intial reaction is positive! This week are working on intergrating the rest of the Royal Xnights into the game, currently we have planned 6 different Xnights to fight the Orc horde with. Xandor is available at the beginning and you can unlock new ones with Gems.

Here is a little about them...

Sir Xandor
    Special: Attacks with light hits at enemies as he slides by, when moving around board.

Sir Xavier
    Special: Lands a medium hit to any enemy in the grid next to his final destination in the direction he is moving.

Sir Xerxes
    Special: Hammer attack can smash breakables with one hit.

Dame Xandra
    Special: Dagger attack has high chance of poisoning a enemy.

Dame Xenia
    Special: Shoots arrow at all enemies in gameplay area when moving

Xia
    Special: hits all bordering enemies with single hit

7. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Bakersfield??? How awful that you had to be there, LOL! But great for us. THis looks like a great game.

8. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    I take it you have been to Bakersfield then? :eek:

I took a programming job for creating data collection apps for Android and iOS which brought me out here for the oil industry. Did some cool stuff with it. They recently promoted me to self employed after we successfully delivered the final product. So yeah I am stuck here it would seem for now.

Hopefully will show some of the Xnights it action by saturday!

9. ProTecu

ProTecu New Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Looks adorable and fun, can't wait to try!

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Okay this looks really Xciting.

But lets cut to the chase #

Payment model please....

Freemium, or Premium?
    ... any iap's?

11. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Nice Job Chris :)

Looking forward to it having it on my phone

12. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    important question, first of all I hate freemium, hate it. However the nut in the trail mix is, I can't compete with premium title. My last title that was premium did next to no sales.

SOOO... We are attempting to model our freemium offering after the idea of spending cash only enhances the gameplay and nothing prevents you from playing should you not use IAP's. There will be no Timers or blocks from you playing. Once we have a bit more balance in place I will go in to details about how are plan for it will work.

Hope that will abate any fears!

13. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Thanks PK!

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Lets just say that it sounds more positive than negative. #

Personally I don't mind games that are free to begin with but then have an iap of some sort that turns the game into a premium experience.
    Something along the lines of a demo is my absolute preference.

I hope you manage to get the purchase model right as it is unfortunately extremely hard for indie devs to make a profit these days.

15. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
  16. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
  17. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This looks really good #

18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    It has got my attention.
    Please implement screen rotation in the game.
    I have the big iPad Pro and it's mounted in a stand and a lot of portrait games without screen rotation have the lightning connection at the bottom of the screen, and I am unable to charge the iPad while playing.
    I need to have the connection at the top. Thanks.

19. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Rotation for either side of portrait already in game.

20. Kisguri

Oct 27, 2010
    Male
    Game Design
    Planet Earth, Sol System
    Thanks, we appreciate it!