★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PlaySide
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 144.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 1.5 (2)
App description: A premium tower defense game!
Prepare Yourself For War! The Blocks are invading!

Defend from hordes of Blocks with your mighty BIT heroes! armed with bows, axes, cannons and even frying pans.

Hours and hours of in-depth addictive gameplay:

* 20+ characters with a variety of upgrades and classes.
* Complete over 100+ quests and earn tons of rewards to upgrade your Heroes.
* A wide range of enemies and bosses.
* Fight in over 15 beautiful environments from Grasslands and Harsh Volcanoes to Mysterious Caves.
* Rain fire upon your enemies with powerful abilities.
* Endless mode after completing a level.
* Compete against others with your own strategies to land the largest scores on the Leaderboards.

PLEASE NOTE:

Defend The Bits is premium paid game. However, some extra items can be purchased for real money.
In app purchases are not necessary and are only for those who want to speed up their progress.

Defend The Bits was developed by PlaySide, the developers behind the Editors Choice title Catch The Ark, Icy Ropes, Monkey Ropes, Lego Batman, Batman v Superman, Spongebob: Sponge on the Run, and Bouncy Bits..

Let us know what you would love to see in our next update. Visit us at : www.playsidestudios.com

KeKhan's comments:

Defend The Bits

PlaySide
Genres: Games Strategy Action
$2.99 USD


Quote:
A premium tower defense game!
Prepare Yourself For War! The Blocks are invading!

Defend from hordes of Blocks with your mighty BIT heroes! armed with bows, axes, cannons and even frying pans.

Hours and hours of in-depth addictive gameplay:

* 20+ characters with a variety of upgrades and classes.
* Complete over 100+ quests and earn tons of rewards to upgrade your Heroes.
* A wide range of enemies and bosses.
* Fight in over 15 beautiful environments from Grasslands and Harsh Volcanoes to Mysterious Caves.
* Rain fire upon your enemies with powerful abilities.
* Endless mode after completing a level.
* Compete against others with your own strategies to land the largest scores on the Leaderboards.

PLEASE NOTE:

Defend The Bits is premium paid game. However, some extra items can be purchased for real money.
In app purchases are not necessary and are only for those who want to speed up their progress.

Defend The Bits was developed by PlaySide, the developers behind the Editors Choice title Catch The Ark, Icy Ropes, Monkey Ropes, Lego Batman, Batman v Superman, Spongebob: Sponge on the Run, and Bouncy Bits..

Let us know what you would love to see in our next update. Visit us at : www.playsidestudios.com












Supported Devices:
  • iPhone3GS-iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4-iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen-iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G-iPad23G
  • iPhone4S-iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5-iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini-iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c-iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s-iPhone5s
  • iPadAir-iPadAir
  • iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular
  • iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina
  • iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular
  • iPhone6-iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus
  • iPadAir2-iPadAir2
  • iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular
  • iPadMini3-iPadMini3
  • iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular
  • iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone6s-iPhone6s
  • iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus
  • iPadMini4-iPadMini4
  • iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular
  • iPadPro-iPadPro
  • iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular
  • iPadPro97-iPadPro97
  • iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular
  • iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE
  • iPhone7-iPhone7
  • iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus
  • iPad611-iPad611
  • iPad612-iPad612
  • iPad71-iPad71
  • iPad72-iPad72
  • iPad73-iPad73
  • iPad74-iPad74

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 144.9MB

07-18-2017, 05:57 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 541
You had me at Premium... downloading now. It's been awhile since I've been hooked on a good TD game.

I've got high hopes for this one, and I really hope I find out that those pesky iap's I see are really 'just for speeding things up' like the dev description says they are.

07-18-2017, 08:02 PM
#3
Hey everyone! After two years in development Defend The BITS is finally here!
This is PlaySides first premium Tower Defense title & the gameplay is hard and challenging!
This game has been a labour of love for us as we are huge tower defense fans.
We hope we have done the genre proud!

Below are some videos, we will keep this thread updated throughout launch!

TRAILER:

GAMEPLAY DEVELOPER WALKTHROUGH:
07-18-2017, 08:05 PM
#4
I've tired of this genre, but the eye-candy is enough to push me over


"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
07-19-2017, 09:19 AM
#5
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,700
I am just starting to play this and it looks to be really excellent. One quick suggestion is to have the game play in either landscape orientation on my iPad (auto-rotate).

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
07-19-2017, 11:35 AM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I am just starting to play this and it looks to be really excellent. One quick suggestion is to have the game play in either landscape orientation on my iPad (auto-rotate).
I second this, the locked orientation is very annoying. Otherwise I'm liking this game quite a bit.

Game Center: junkyardheart
07-19-2017, 12:44 PM
#7
Looks like it's right up my street. I'll wait for a few more imps before dipping in.
07-19-2017, 01:21 PM
#8
Hm i am really on the fence. Every time i bought a "premium" game with iaps described as "unnecessary" and "just to speed things up" the iaps were not as described let alone some devs after a short period of time made the game free with the existing iaps. Maybe i was unlucky with my purchases but i will wait and see how this goes. Looks beautiful though from the pictures and the trailer i saw.
07-19-2017, 01:39 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakara214ever View Post
Hm i am really on the fence. Every time i bought a "premium" game with iaps described as "unnecessary" and "just to speed things up" the iaps were not as described let alone some devs after a short period of time made the game free with the existing iaps. Maybe i was unlucky with my purchases but i will wait and see how this goes. Looks beautiful though from the pictures and the trailer i saw.
Similar view here - if it didn't have any iap I'd be all over it lack a rash, I love a good premium TD but with iaps I'm very much on the fence with this one.
07-19-2017, 02:40 PM
#10
Joined: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 281
Really boring TD (spent 25 mins playing one level mostly on fast forward only to die 1 wave before the end - wave 59!) and with crappy IAP that looks very necessary to me.

Gamecenter I.D - defard
Xbox One - defard2001
PS4 - defard
Feel free to add me peeps!