★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 1Button SARL
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 44.8 MB
  • Version: 2.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Mr Jump is coming back in a new adventure! Help him jump his way through dozens of ingenious and tricky levels!
Mr Jump S is a one-button platform game: jump to avoid the traps and reach the end of the level.

Boardumb's comments:

07-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Can't recommend it enough. Twitchy platformer that will make you say a lot of naughty words. Give it a try if you're one of the 24M people that didn't finish the first one. This is more approachable while still reaching high difficulty in the later levels. Tied for my GOTW lol

07-20-2017, 02:55 AM
I'd sum this up as more of the same, but easier.

The levels are about the same length as the original, but they're each split into 3 stages so it's a lot easier to reach the end of each stage.

There aren't any new mechanics and although the menu shows three worlds, there are only one and a half at the moment. World A has the usual twelve levels, but World B only has 6 so far and World C is also coming soon. That's 50% more content than the original started with, but it goes a lot quicker because of the checkpointing.

It took me about 40 minutes to complete all levels: 244 deaths in World A (including about 10 from my 3-year old daughter's attempt and 120 on stage 12:2) and 27 on he first half of World B.

Edit: just found the stars screen. 26:33 for World A (10:51 of which was Level 12) and 6:29 for the first part of World B.

Last edited by mr_bez; 07-20-2017 at 06:30 AM.
07-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Very cool french game, definitively easier but that's better.
Did you found any secrets ?

Seems that I can avoid the final portal in some levels, but impossible to get any "secret zone" like in the original game.
07-20-2017, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19civciV View Post
Very cool french game, definitively easier but that's better.
Did you found any secrets ?

Seems that I can avoid the final portal in some levels, but impossible to get any "secret zone" like in the original game.
The developer said that the entrance to the secret areas have been added, but the secret levels themselves have yet to be implemented and would come in an update shortly after launch. Speaking of which, can the developer give any information about when that may be as I can't wait to play them. Thanks
07-21-2017, 10:18 PM
This is perfect. It still has extremely tricky sections and I'm still only on world A. The first one was too brutal and since it was level based I just hit a wall where I was like f**k this. This is nice, I feel like I can enjoy the game now that progression doesn't require me to be a platforming savant.
07-28-2017, 05:00 AM
Secret levels have been released! World A only for now though. Warning! One of them is very difficult and requires extremely precise timing, not to say that the others are any less challenging. Also, three new levels from world B, which are fairly straightforward but still pretty fun.
Good luck!
07-29-2017, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Bargh View Post
Secret levels have been released! World A only for now though. Warning! One of them is very difficult and requires extremely precise timing, not to say that the others are any less challenging. Also, three new levels from world B, which are fairly straightforward but still pretty fun.
Good luck!
I found and got 2 secrets on world 3 and 5.
Am I missing other ones ? I can't found any other one...
07-30-2017, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19civciV View Post
I found and got 2 secrets on world 3 and 5.
Am I missing other ones ? I can't found any other one...
Levels 6 and 11
07-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neca View Post
Levels 6 and 11
Thanks for the tips !

How the hell can you get the secret in level 6 ?
If I found where the star is, I can't jump to catch it. Impossible ahah

I'm already fighting with the level 11 one, this final spike is killing me everytime !