What Gameloft should get from EA and vice versa

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kugi_igi, Oct 28, 2009.

1. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    Gameloft and EA are currently the biggest most active companies in the App store

so what do you think should they get from one another?
    you know, like doing what the other company has already done

for me, i want Gameloft to adapt/adopt(what's the proper word?:D)
    EA games's auto-save feature,where you can continue your game in the exact location or time where you left the game,i hate Gameloft games (especially Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter) when i have to start from the beginning of the mission or dungeon after i quit the game,accidentally or intentionally

2. Feltzem

Feltzem Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #2 Feltzem, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    I think that Gameloft should get from EA:
    1). The graphics- EA games typically have better graphics than Gameloft games. Need for speed has superior graphics to Asphalt 4, though that might change with Need for Speed Shift vs Asphalt 5. FIFA 10 has slightly better graphics than RS10, and of course The Sims 3 has better graphics than NY Nights. Although not important, Rock Band has better graphics than Guitar Rock Tour 2. Tiger Woods vs Let's Golf is arguable (realistic vs cartoony), and Madden vs NFL 2010 graphics are quite similiar. But Gameloft's latest games are looking really good, such as Modern Combat, Blades of Fury, etc.
    2). Auto Save feature. Really useful.
    3). Controls: EA games usually have more intuitive controls, while Gameloft always use the typical joystick + buttons setup.
    4). Better voice acting and storylines. Definitely a negative point about Gameloft games, not really with EA but then again most of their games don't need storylines, such as The Sims and sports games. Need for Speed had a good storyline though.
    EA from Gameloft:
    1). More game releases. As long as this doesn't affect game quality, it's good. Although I think that EA might release more games than Gameloft for October/November. EA have released NBA Live, FIFA 10, Mystery Mania and Rock Band, maybe Command and Conquer soon. Gameloft have released less I think.

3. Feltzem

Mar 10, 2009
    (double post)

4. kugi_igi

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    i somehow disagree with the controls,i think Gameloft's controls are good,aas well as EA
    but with RS10 and FIFA 10,i think RS10 has better controls,especially with 360 degress movement
    and Gameloft's games has impressive graphics,although not all,sports games of Gameloft is a little bit behind EA's,but with their other games like MC:Sandstorm,it's totally awsome,can't compare it to EA cause they don't have counter parts,:D

5. Feltzem

Mar 10, 2009
    Yeah I guess the graphics are good for both companies, and it's hard to compare since they have different games. And the controls for Gameloft games definitely work well, and they have been fine tuning them since their earlier games such as BIA. But EA games have a bit more intuitive controls, which mainly work better. Such as in NBA Live, with the invisible floating joystick and slide, hold or tap buttons. Gameloft doesn't have an NBA game though so again it's hard to compare.

6. kugi_igi

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    yes it's hard to compare, but i hope Gameloft also make an NBA game,i'm not satisfied with NBA Live,haha

7. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    What EA should do is announce a NHL game and then Gameloft should copy EA by releasing a version before them and therefore making EA bump up the quality of their own game... Something that really needed to happen with NBA Live