★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: THE MUCH-LOVED LAYTON SERIES IS BACK WITH A 10TH ANNIVERSARY INSTALLMENT!

Developed by LEVEL-5, LAYTONS MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires Conspiracy is the latest game in the best-selling Layton Series and first official sequel debuting on mobile.

Join Katrielle Layton in the heart of London, as she becomes embroiled in a casual, comical, quizzical quest, which has its roots in our new heros search for her missing father, Professor Hershel Layton. Youll be whisked around Londons famous landmarks, from the Houses of Parliament to Tower Bridge, following Kat on her trusty bicycle, solving case after unlikely case, until she unwittingly uncovers the Millionaires Conspiracy.

Help Kat and company discover clues, unravel mysteries, deduce the truth, and solve original puzzles! Redecorate the agency and redress Kat in various outfits to suit the case at hand (or your mood). With twelve intriguing cases, seven multi-millionaires, and one whopper of a conspiracy, will Kat ever be able to find the missing professor?

Full of ingenious challenges, charming characters and clever plot twists, the latest Layton instalment will prove to you beyond a shadow of doubt that the truth IS stranger than fiction!

Game Features
·       Modern, female protagonist
·       The largest collection of puzzles in any Layton Series title
·       Bonus! Daily puzzles delivered directly to your mobile device
·       New cast of characters (and some favourites from the past)
·       High-quality, visually rich gaming experience
·       Customizable costumes and room décor
·       Additional minigames
·       Offline play after initial download

*This game can be played in English, French and Spanish. Other languages cannot be selected in your region.
**Bonus daily puzzles will require Internet connection for accessibility & download.
07-20-2017, 12:22 AM
got my money ready and even re downloaded and re played Layton brothers while waiting for this

im a rpg loving kind of guy

07-20-2017, 12:38 AM
Based on a neogaf post the IAP are optional outfits that come with bonus puzzles. Sounds like they can be bought individually or in a bundle.
07-20-2017, 12:56 AM
yes they are 1.99$ each a costume and comes with a bonus puzzle or you can buy in a bundle for $7.99 or $14.99... ouch not sure I like stuff being locked away behind more money but oh well. adorable app icon btw

im a rpg loving kind of guy
07-20-2017, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnarf View Post
Based on a neogaf post the IAP are optional outfits that come with bonus puzzles. Sounds like they can be bought individually or in a bundle.
Thanks for this!

OK, so basically it looks like there are 15 sets of costumes that come with 15 extra puzzles, and each can be bought individually or in 2 bundles. Buying both bundles + the $16 price of the app apparently ends up being the cost of the 3DS version of the game ($40). Yeah, it's a little crazy for iOS, but it's fair. It's very, very fair giving us the exact same game with no compromises and considering us as equals.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
07-20-2017, 01:34 AM
I've never played these games. Can I get some reviews or can someone explain why they're so highly acclaimed?

Thanks!
07-20-2017, 01:34 AM
I've never played a Layton game before and I want to buy this but I would love to hear impressions from others (probably after they get more time to play). I just hope there's enough content there and the replayability level. Or is it one of those games you just finish and sell it off?

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN
07-20-2017, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I've never played a Layton game before and I want to buy this but I would love to hear impressions from others (probably after they get more time to play). I just hope there's enough content there and the replayability level. Or is it one of those games you just finish and sell it off?
The Layton games (not the spin-off on iOS) all have about 15-17 hours of content (this is without completing them to 100%) and this is the largest one of them all so far. You shouldn't be concerned about content.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
07-20-2017, 01:40 AM
Woke up. Opened the app store. Searched. Bought.

Fantastic games. The interweave puzzles and the story in a very charming way, great animation, a great package. Having bought all of the previous ones at full price, this is a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-20-2017, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post

Perhaps. But it will still take quite a bit - I'm under the impression all previous ones for me were 20+ hour affairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk