★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Will these games ever see the iphone??

12-31-2008, 02:29 AM
Will these games ever see the iphone??

Sorry to pick some random games but they are ones I've played in the past and I believe would translate well to the iphone/ipod touch format.

Insaniquarium by Popcap. It's an addictive fish feeding game where you simply feed fish, unlock creatures to help you and fight aliens. It's on popcap.com and I see they've made bejeweled for the iphone so any chance of seeing this awesome game?

A mario game? Is this possible. I'm talking about the old Mario 2D games where he goes sideways across the screen into world 1-1 then 1-2 etc. And you jump to unlock power ups, get across obstacles and kill enemies. Could anyone make this or does a certain developer need the rights? Do you think we'll get one soon?

Lastly, I don't know how complex this would be and it's just a question since I was obsessed with this for years when I was younger, would a port or different version of pokemon ever see the iphone? I think it could work decent on touch and although I am a bit old for it, I think I would definitely play it on my iphone. What do you think of its chances?

So those are just 3 personal games I was wondering. Does anyone have any info if any are in the works and can anyone address questions I had in each game description? Or just comment on how realistic the game's chances are to make it to the iphone and how long it might take?

Thanks and feel free to discuss.
12-31-2008, 02:32 AM
I would love to see some of those titles ported, but for the time being Nintendo has the DS to focus on. Then again, they might give in for the sake of making extra cash.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

12-31-2008, 02:34 AM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
i see pokemon being the super monkey ball of iphone 3rd generation (not 3G lolz)

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
12-31-2008, 02:43 AM
Nintendo is Out

Nintendo is deffinetly out of the picture. The iPhone/iPod Touch are already a threat to Nintendo's Nintendo DS.

Why would they make an app and help the iPhone/iPod Touch and make the iPhone/iPod Touch even better? They only get 70% out of how much they sell. Most likely the app will be $9.99.

End of story, Nintendo is Out.

Those are my thoughts. How about you guys?

Last edited by iKoda; 12-31-2008 at 02:47 AM.
12-31-2008, 02:45 AM
Flash Game Ports

I'm Looking forward to seeing Flash Game Ports.

I really want them to port Tower Bloxx to the iTouch. If you don't know what it is just google it.
12-31-2008, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKoda View Post
Nintendo is deffinetly out of the picture. The iPhone/iPod Touch are already a threat to Nintendo's Nintendo DS.

Why would they make an app and help the iPhone/iPod Touch and make the (screw it I'm gonna just time iTouch) iTouch even better? They only get 70% out of how much they sell.

End of story, Nintendo is Out.

Those are my thoughts. How about you guys?
I sort of agree. It's hard to say though...

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

12-31-2008, 02:52 AM
I don't think you will ever see anything nintendo IMO. I don't think they've done anything on mobile phones so I don't think they would start on something trying to be a rival console.

just my opinion tho
12-31-2008, 02:58 AM
I really wanna see sing star for the iphone that would be really cool. like there can be a catalog of songs to download then it uses the iphones microphone to listen to your voice. that would be really fun
12-31-2008, 02:58 AM
yea i see what you mean. They wouldn't leave their own platform (DS) to make their game for the iphone =/

nintendo makes mario and pokemon correct? I mean could anyone else develop it or make it or does nintendo reserve the rights?

I'm hoping insaniquarium has a good chance though. Popcap is already on the app store and it's a great casual on the go game and I think it's perfect for the iphone.

What other games do you guys wish to see and what do you think the chances are then?
12-31-2008, 03:02 AM
Nintendo would be insane to make a Mario game for a competing hand held system. There is no way.

I would like to see anything and everything from http://www.orisinal.com