★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Uncover a vast and sinister conspiracy that lies behind your imprisonment. Gradually discover the dark secrets of your past as you engage in battle after battle in order to earn your freedom. This game will place you in the middle of a violent world at the mercy of a deranged megalomaniac!

Revenge is a dish best served bloody!

- A highly addictive adventure game featuring an original, captivating story on a level far above most other adventure games
- Explore your environment, battle your enemies, build your own, more powerful weapons and tools.
- Excellent replay value offers superb value for money

gunslinger's comments:
New rpg. Looks interesting:

12-31-2008, 03:05 AM
Is this even for iphone?

12-31-2008, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
Is this even for iphone?
Yep [App Store]

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
12-31-2008, 03:39 AM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
This looks interesting. Someone try it.
12-31-2008, 04:01 AM
It was programmed by a Korean company, who've been creating cell phone games for quite a while (many of which look rather good), so I'd have reasonable hopes for this. For the sake of a couple of quid I'll give it a try.
12-31-2008, 04:02 AM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
I ended up buying it just now. Impressions soon.
12-31-2008, 04:48 AM
Based on first 15 minutes or so of play:

You're a convict (wrongfully imprisoned, of course) who has been offered the chance to win his freedom by taking part in a Battle Royale-style game set on an island somewhere. All you have to do is collect all 60 dog tags belonging to the other prisoners.

Control is more like a classic graphic adventure than the rather lovely pixel graphics might suggest. Large arrows at the side of each area indicate the directions you can leave in and you will generally only find yourself standing at the edges of the screen. Tapping on the area or pressing the search button brings up two smaller arrows allowing you to step between any on-screen objects and examine them individually. When you have fully searched something, the arrow over it turns red rather than yellow. Some things need specific items in order to search them.

Every action you perform decreases your stamina a little bit. When it reaches zero, you have to rest for a while. Whilst resting, your danger meter will slowly increase, showing the chances of another convict stumbling into you. Sleep sometimes brings dreams, telling your life story a piece at a time.

When you meet other convicts you're drawn into combat (though I assume this isn't always the case). This takes place in real time on a grid which you can step around using cursors. You also have an attack button, and one allowing you to swap between your equipped weapons. Each weapon has an area of effect - for example, the spade you start with hit the two spaces in front of you, whereas a convict armed with a chain can hit the three spaces in front of him and drag you back in with it. Combat consists of trying to move into or out of range, whilst attacking and avoiding retaliation. In this mode you have Hit points and a Stamina bar. The latter goes down whenever you move or attack, and I'd guess that it affects your chance to hit/dodge.

You gain experience for each kill, and levelling allows you to distribute points between your head, body, arms and legs which seem to give bonuses to your various skills. Using weapons independently levels your skill with each one.

I've got to admit that I'm reasonably impressed with what I've seen so far, though I've not had enough time to make anything other than a snap judgement. More impressions to follow later (though I'm at work, so don't know how much time I'll have to play).

Last edited by idespair; 12-31-2008 at 05:26 AM.
12-31-2008, 08:45 AM
This looks and sounds really tempting.
12-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Love it, totally love it.
12-31-2008, 11:36 AM
suggested buy right now tag given. more impressions later.