★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Another victim of piracy

10-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Another victim of piracy

Sorry, i dont have a link for this. Info came thru private correspondence. Super Juicy, bubble popping game by a small independent Dev, is the latest in a long line of victims of piracy. They were enjoying sales of 20 downloads a day and were quite pleased, until they found a pirate site that had 4000 downloads a day. Thats way more than even 90%, more like 99%.

If you are able to, show a little support for this small independent Dev and download his App. It's only .99. It may not do anything to stop the scummy pirates, but it shows the victims that at least some of us are behind them. Even if you just post on this thread cause you cant afford the purchase. Do something to continue this stand we are taking against piracy.

I am in no way affiliated with this Developer. Just doing my part to stop the pirates.

Thank You

10-28-2009, 08:53 AM
This dev is active on our forum. This is really starting to get ridiculous. This app is $.99 and worth every penny. People cracking one dollar apps by independent developers are really low. I really hope if anyone here has pirated this app, they delete it, and buy it legitimately from the dev who is one of our members. If you know anyone who has it cracked, put some peer pressure on them. This is going to need to be a grassroots movement among the gaming community. Piracy sucks. It's wrong, and it needs to stop.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

10-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IpodLady View Post
Sorry, i dont have a link for this. Info came thru private correspondence. Super Juicy, bubble popping game by a small independent Dev, is the latest in a long line of victims of piracy. They were enjoying sales of 20 downloads a day and were quite pleased, until they found a pirate site that had 4000 downloads a day. Thats way more than even 90%, more like 99%.

If you are able to, show a little support for this small independent Dev and download his App. It's only .99. It may not do anything to stop the scummy pirates, but it shows the victims that at least some of us are behind them. Even if you just post on this thread cause you cant afford the purchase. Do something to continue this stand we are taking against piracy.

I am in no way affiliated with this Developer. Just doing my part to stop the pirates.

Thank You

Cut all the crap with these PR stunts, offcourse piracy is bad and offcourse you will miss some sales, but this is really out of control every developer which doesn't have a big seller is now "announcing" that their half baked game could have sold a lot of more copies. To all developers:

- Put more security checks in the game
- Go back to java ( never hear developers complian, and its really worse then iphone )
- develop for other platforms in which you think there is less piracy

Good luck to all, this is a gaming site no a "report piracy site", 1 topic is enough
10-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaikben View Post
Cut all the crap with these PR stunts, offcourse piracy is bad and offcourse you will miss some sales, but this is really out of control every developer which doesn't have a big seller is now "announcing" that their half baked game could have sold a lot of more copies. To all developers:

- Go back to java ( never hear developers complian, and its really worse then iphone )

Good luck to all, this is a gaming site no a "report piracy site", 1 topic is enough
I agree. I fell very bad for devs that lose money because of piracy but this is just starting to feel very fishy ........4000 download a day ? sorry but that's doubtful ...........

I am very against any form of piracy though being a gamer for many years. It's just that something is just not right about some of these posts about lost sales.
10-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Quote:

Yeah, and this gaming site may soon have no point if developers stop producing games for this platform. I think that there should be MORE anti-piracy visibility, not less. Each of your suggestions are condescending and easy for you to say, as I'm sure you're not a developer with your attitude. EDIT: I just don't understand ANYBODY being annoyed with anti-pirate sentiment unless they use cracked apps.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
10-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Yeah, and this gaming site may soon have no point if developers stop producing games for this platform. I think that there should be MORE anti-piracy visibility, not less. Each of your suggestions are condescending and easy for you to say, as I'm sure you're not a developer with your attitude.
Shouting everyday about how bad the iphone platform is, is not the way to tackle piracy every developer knows that, they should NOT confront the end consumer with this but Apple and/ or the sites who offer cracked apps.

Go make a forum with anti piracy topics, and complain their
10-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Shouting everyday about how bad the iphone platform is, is not the way to tackle piracy every developer knows that, they should NOT confront the end consumer with this but Apple and/ or the sites who offer cracked apps.

Go make a forum with anti piracy topics, and complain their
This is a gaming forum. Piracy unfortunately is a part of gaming, so I don't want to complain "there". Apple needs to step up, but so do gamers. Stop stealing. I get so pissed off at people who come on here talking about things they've STOLEN. I interact with devs all the time on this forum. I imagine that there are people who are interacting with the people they've STOLEN from. That's wrong. If you're going to steal something from me, don't come to me later and complain about what you've stolen, and tell me it needs to be improved. I repeat, it sounds to me like people are trying to justify their stealing. Period.

10-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Since all games are being pirated unfortunately, this could take over the forum topics if everey dev posts about his/ her game and also will turn into a PR from some devs.....................4000 a day ? maybe..................

There has to be another forum to discuss individual games, sales...etc...

Last edited by cranker; 10-28-2009 at 09:16 AM.
10-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
This is a gaming forum. Piracy unfortunately is a part of gaming, so I don't want to complain "there". Apple needs to step up, but so do gamers. Stop stealing. I get so pissed off at people who come on here talking about things they've STOLEN. I interact with devs all the time on this forum. I imagine that there are people who are interacting with the people they've STOLEN from. That's wrong. If you're going to steal something from me, don't come to me later and complain about what you've stolen, and tell me it needs to be improved. I repeat, it sounds to me like people are trying to justify their stealing. Period.
Options ( even more now ):

*So make a site and complain.
*Pissed off buy a stress ball.
*Really help make a site get developers to publicly report device ids which they can use a masterlist to always block.

Just stop complaining on a gaming site and enjoy gaming
10-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Options ( even more now ):

*So make a site and complain.
*Pissed off buy a stress ball.
*Really help make a site get developers to publicly report device ids which they can use a masterlist to always block.

Just stop complaining on a gaming site and enjoy gaming
My response to your options:

*Kiss
*My
*Ass