★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ever wanted to play the role of a gold-hungry, power-obsessed tyrant? This clicker game lets you do whatever you want without being charged for war crimes!

The makers of Idle Armies and More! Gold! Now! offer their latest RPG clicker extravaganza: Idle Empires!

Join King Norman and help turn his peaceful little oasis of a kingdom into a war-hungry, gold churning, dictatorship riddled with fear. Transform peaceful cottages into your personal gold mine, orphanages into textile plants and town halls into prisons. Blame the peace-loving Orcs for all of society's problems and invade your neighbors... for their own protection, of course.

Funny, witty and - very occasionally - poignant dialogue explores power, corruption and populism in a way that doesn't take itself too seriously. Whether you're bribing priests or building propaganda towers in the villager green, you can bet Norman, the hero turned tycoon, and his goons will have something inappropriate to say.

Idle Empires Features:
Pixel Graphics & Clicker Gameplay
+Beautiful pixel graphics!
+Hours and hours of clicker gameplay!
+Heaps of humorous dialogue from your radical hero!
+Improve unsightly, unproductive shanties!
+Interact with the happy new tenants to earn gold!
+Find epic loot in chests!

Corrupt & Conquer Kingdoms
+Evolution or domination is key conquer more cities to keep lining your pockets
+Conquer five distinct kingdoms: Old Town in the snowy north, Capitol in the golden desert and more.
+5 different cities to uncover, corrupt and conquer!

Command Armies
+Raise armies full of gluttons, snipers and assassins to smash the King's foes.
+Break the shackles off warlocks and sorcerers to unleash their magic on your rivals.
+Tap to collect an entourage of henchmen and yes-men to agree with your every decision.

Idle Empires has everything youd expect from a clicker; tapping, heaps of upgrades, achievements, collectables, mountains of gold *catches breath* and a whole lot more. If youre interested in dominating er I mean, "expanding a kingdom, then Idle Empires is the perfect clicker game for you!

Download now and get started on your idle RPG adventure!
07-28-2017, 05:13 AM
I'm having a lot of fun with this - I'd go so far as to say it's one of the best idle/clicker games I've played in a while. Very recommended to any fans of the genre out there.

07-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Also if anyone else does happen to be playing this, does anyone have any idea what you spend the blue diamonds on? I've got over 100 now and unless I'm being really stupid I can't find anything to buy with them......
07-29-2017, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the comments, the shop opens up once you've unlocked the castle (it's the button with the gem on at the bottom of the screen), you can purchase things with blue gems there.
07-29-2017, 07:16 PM
I'm not sure what happened but I'm not able to click on ads anymore. They worked fine this morning but no longer. The buttons animate and have the sound effect but nothing ever happens after click. I've restarted my phone (7 plus), ios is up to date etc.

Last edited by waarbat; 07-29-2017 at 07:20 PM.
07-30-2017, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waarbat View Post
I'm not sure what happened but I'm not able to click on ads anymore. They worked fine this morning but no longer. The buttons animate and have the sound effect but nothing ever happens after click. I've restarted my phone (7 plus), ios is up to date etc.
I ran into the same issue. Closing out the game all the way and restarting fixed it for me.
07-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waarbat View Post
We're working on fixing this, we've made more ads available so there should be fewer times when you can't watch an ad. We're also changing things so the game works better when ads aren't available (hopefully that change should be out this Friday).
08-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyRhinoGame View Post
Thanks for the comments, the shop opens up once you've unlocked the castle (it's the button with the gem on at the bottom of the screen), you can purchase things with blue gems there.
Ahh thanks - I kept looking on there but I didn't scroll enough through to see them. I'm still really enjoying this but I am getting to the point where I'm finding it just a bit too Grindy in terms of how many alien head things you get for prestiging.
I've no idea how many times I've fled (I can't see that stat anywhere?) but I've just gone past the dragon and into city 3 and I'm at the stage where it'll cost me a minimum of 500 to update any skills and I'm getting about 400 when I prestige.

Leaving that aside I'm enjoying this a lot, I'd say it's one of the best of the genre I've played in recent memory - I'm just not sure how much more I will get out of it unless the amount of currency you get when you restart increases drastically.

Oh yes and the only other thing is on my Air2 it's a huge battery drainer and it heats up a fair bit.

Last edited by orangecan; 08-01-2017 at 11:04 AM.
08-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Running into the same issue. It feels like I have to manually grind to make any progress at all, which is fine in a clicker but not in an idler imo. Problem is that there's such a HUGE ramp up in gold acquired for each new building, so leaving it idle for a day probably won't advance you more than a building or so... which is a few minutes of clicking.

I'm not gaining enough on restarts to justify clicking a bunch more imo. And it seems like there's a penalty for resetting too much?

It's a pretty neat clicker and the dialogue and setting is fantastic, but it's a clicker, and the iap is waaaay too pricey with no real entry level long-term-benefit package available. I can't imagine many people are going to drop ten bucks for some skins and long term gains.
08-02-2017, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronk View Post
Running into the same issue. It feels like I have to manually grind to make any progress at all, which is fine in a clicker but not in an idler imo. Problem is that there's such a HUGE ramp up in gold acquired for each new building, so leaving it idle for a day probably won't advance you more than a building or so... which is a few minutes of clicking.

I'm not gaining enough on restarts to justify clicking a bunch more imo. And it seems like there's a penalty for resetting too much?

It's a pretty neat clicker and the dialogue and setting is fantastic, but it's a clicker, and the iap is waaaay too pricey with no real entry level long-term-benefit package available. I can't imagine many people are going to drop ten bucks for some skins and long term gains.
Yeah good point - despite the title its definitely not an idle game, I've got one of the relics that adds 25% offline earning and that still doesn't make any noticeable difference.

Such a shame because in all another elements it's a lot of fun and I would have liked to see what else it has to offer - I'm going to give it another day or so and then it's beck to professor Layton......