★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Steampunk puzzle in which you spin the playfield to put yourself back together.

Dear Reader,
Enclosed is a copy of my bizarre 1935 puzzle game Steam Panic. Id appreciate your being so good as to try it. I did find recent reviews to be quite flattering.

It blew my mind - Alex Nichiporchik (tinyBuild)
Creative and innovative - Sean Keith (Xsolla)

Personally, I think this Victorian puzzle is going to be the next big thing, as long as we can come up with a fitting name. Something based on the appropriate technology of the era; like «Steam Panic», perhaps

Yours,
Schrödinger's cat

Award-winning tactile mechanics of a clockwork box: rotate the playfield with your finger;
100+ intelligent puzzles with doors, saws, mines and portals;
No ads or in-app purchases (there werent any back in 1935).

AWARDS
Best Game Design - VK Fest 2017
Best in Show - VK Fest 2017
Best in Show - Starcon 2016
Excellence in Game Design Award Winner - DevGAMM 2015
Best Mobile Game Award Nominee - DevGAMM 2015
Excellence in Audio Nominee - DevGAMM 2015
Official Selection - Indie Prize 2016 Amsterdam
Official Selection - Indie Prize 2016 USA

Boardumb's comments:

07-26-2017, 02:47 PM
Made some early gameplay video. I've since unlocked the fourth area and there are indeed timed puzzles. There are bombs that tick down before they explode. I was really enjoying the game until that point. Just thought folks might want to know in case you don't like racing against a clock. I'll probably still keep at it, but the game is very strict when it comes to stars. You need almost all of them to unlock each new area.

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 07-26-2017 at 02:49 PM.

07-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Made some early gameplay video. I've since unlocked the fourth area and there are indeed timed puzzles. There are bombs that tick down before they explode. I was really enjoying the game until that point. Just thought folks might want to know in case you don't like racing against a clock.

YouTube: video
Ugh. Clocks.
Thanks for posting the warning. This might not be for me after all.
07-26-2017, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shfrost View Post
Ugh. Clocks.
Thanks for posting the warning. This might not be for me after all.
There is a way to cheat the system a bit, but it appears to be a bug, so I assume it will be fixed eventually.

It's actually a really nice puzzler, but it's a bit rough around the edges at the moment.
07-27-2017, 04:53 AM
It is out! (for a while I guess)

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
07-28-2017, 11:12 AM
Small,price drop! I am on the fence about buying this, so I am hoping some more impressions pop up here.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
07-28-2017, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Small,price drop! I am on the fence about buying this, so I am hoping some more impressions pop up here.
Same. Timers/Clocks can kill a game for me.

Last edited by mzinn; 07-28-2017 at 10:15 PM.
07-30-2017, 11:52 PM
Any more impressions? Want to have a try!
07-31-2017, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I was trying to hold off on a proper review because the developer told me they have updates planned to fix bugs, add a storyline and other changes. But maybe that wasn't the right choice because it turns out I had a lot to say about it. It's the second game I wrote about here and ended up being almost a full review: http://www.appunwrapper.com/2017/07/...-july-30-2017/
07-31-2017, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the mini-review, AppUnwrapper. It sounds like a game to keep an eye on, but a definite no buy for now.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve