★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tap Tap Dance or Guitar Rock Tour?

12-31-2008, 03:51 AM
Tap Tap Dance or Guitar Rock Tour?

Which is better? Which is harder? I like a challenge, and Tap Tap Revenge is too easy for my liking. So which is harder? My Auntie just gave my a $50 iTunes gift card for my Birthday . Sorry if there are already topics like this...
12-31-2008, 03:55 AM
Guitar Rock Tour. At least you know you are playing a game and not just randomly tapping the screen.

12-31-2008, 04:01 AM
Definitely GRT. No questions asked.
12-31-2008, 04:12 AM
Is the hardest difficulty actually really hard?
12-31-2008, 04:37 AM
GRT is harder and to me not really as responsive which means that some of my misses are due to it not registering my taps. Tap tap is better in that regard but somewhat easier, I play that to relax sort of.

I would ultimately say that it really depends on your taste in music. Guitarbased riffin or basedriven beats what would you normally groove with? Daft Punk or Nirvana?
12-31-2008, 04:43 AM
I don't know who they are. So which is more fun and hard? Does it really not respond properly to your touches? Cause that would suck. And which has more songs.
12-31-2008, 04:43 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
I think I had posted similar topic before, well anyways.

As stated by TSP, GTR really does have issue for not being able to detect your taps even though the timing is correct, hence make it impossible to get a full combo for a song. Anyways you can hear the sound for your tap, which is unavailable for TTD. For every correct tap at the right timing, the sound will goes on. However if you miss a tap, then the sound will sound awkward.

Personally I'm not really into Electronic music so GTR is for me. I didn't really regret for purchasing it. Just hope gameloft will release an update that fix those unrecognizable tap for certain songs.

When choosing between those two, ask yourself one important question. Do you like Electronic or Rock music. TTD - Electronic ; Rock - GTR
12-31-2008, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Sync View Post
I think I had posted similar topic before, well anyways.

As stated by TSP, GTR really does have issue for not being able to detect your taps even though the timing is correct, hence make it impossible to get a full combo for a song. Anyways you can hear the sound for your tap, which is unavailable for TTD. For every correct tap at the right timing, the sound will goes on. However if you miss a tap, then the sound will sound awkward.

Personally I'm not really into Electronic music so GTR is for me. I didn't really regret for purchasing it. Just hope gameloft will release an update that fix those unrecognizable tap for certain songs.

When choosing between those two, ask yourself one important question. Do you like Electronic or Rock music. TTD - Electronic ; Rock - GTR

Guitar Rock Tour is not just rock music despite it's name. It has pop and even raggae songs in there. At least, last i checked, Beat It by Michael Jackson is not a rock song.
12-31-2008, 07:58 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway82 View Post
Guitar Rock Tour is not just rock music despite it's name. It has pop and even raggae songs in there. At least, last i checked, Beat It by Michael Jackson is not a rock song.
I know. Glad you correct it.