★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Marco Pesce
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 121.2 MB
  • Version: 2.07
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Monoposto is a racing game with single seater open-wheel cars. Start your challenge with the 2018 season!

-New 2018 cars and tires
-Race session with up to 20 cars
-Car repair during pit stop
-Full tires selection
-Customization of Cars and Drivers names
-Choose your Driver
-5 different camera view
-Many options to customize your driving experience

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

Lite Version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monoposto-lite/id1108854781?mt=8
08-01-2017, 11:18 PM
Tried the lite version of this, it's not bad.. I tried on my gen 6 iPod, will give it ago on my iPad a bit later. Interested in what anyone else thinks, cheers.

08-02-2017, 04:40 AM
I'd say this is bordering on the very good. Tilt steering is well implemented with only slight iPad movement needed for turns, and variable drive assistance allows choice from arcade to sim type handling. The cars look great; especially from the driver view; the scenery is generic but not so noticeable when driving at 200 mph. The AI cars collide satisfactorily. Slowing down too much in a bunch can result in being shunted out of the race. Several tracks are available for free. It's F1 in all but licence so not an exact copy of the cars and circuits.
08-02-2017, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
I'd say this is bordering on the very good. Tilt steering is well implemented with only slight iPad movement needed for turns, and variable drive assistance allows choice from arcade to sim type handling. The cars look great; especially from the driver view; the scenery is generic but not so noticeable when driving at 200 mph. The AI cars collide satisfactorily. Slowing down too much in a bunch can result in being shunted out of the race. Several tracks are available for free. It's F1 in all but licence so not an exact copy of the cars and circuits.
Yup that pretty much sums it up, it could do with a few handling tweaks, but overall I'm enjoying it at the moment, will probably get the full version
08-02-2017, 07:23 AM
Does it have MFI controller support? The biggest complaint I have against F1 mobile is that it doesn't and I think driving games really benefit from an external controller
08-02-2017, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelph View Post
Does it have MFI controller support? The biggest complaint I have against F1 mobile is that it doesn't and I think driving games really benefit from an external controller
Not sure, I don't see a setting for it..
also, the tracks whilst they are listed as per the "real"championship, they are not the real layout which is a shame. Still enjoying though, no in apps, and the ability to edit all team and driver names is nice.
08-02-2017, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the all the info above
Just got and played the free version and I will have to buy this even though I own F1 2016
I can't get over how great the controls are
There is something very good about this racing game that sets it apart from others I have played on mobile
Very smooth experience
I am getting the paid version for sure and it doesn't hurt to have more than one racing game
The diff in tracks may be fine since I have F1 2016 when I want the real thing and that's why this one appeals even more now
08-02-2017, 11:10 AM
Excellent game recommended
08-02-2017, 12:33 PM
He has removed weather effects in the update, i.e Rain and Wet tyres and the car handling is now worse than before the update. Also the AI is now super aggressive towards you.

I was enjoying this game more than F1 2016 before the update but I guess that has ended now unfortunately.
08-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Am I the only one who find the touch controls really bad? Like super sensitive, I can't even get round the first corner on the track.

I would really like to buy this but controls just not working for me... not down rating this because it has super promising chances to be great.

I'd advise anyone on the fence to try the free version first.