★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Please read the notes below before purchasing EGGLIA: Legend of the Redcap.
-------------------------------------------------------
A young girl born to save the world and a Redcap once destined for violence. A story hatched from within precious eggs; a tale of meeting and parting ways...

A fantasy adventure with a thrilling story and beautiful graphics, EGGLIA is an RPG you will want to return to again and again.

Join colorful characters of varying races including Brownies, Dwarves, Gremlins and Aloes as they work together to revive the lands of EGGLIA, sealed away within mysterious eggs.

EGGLIA is lovingly crafted by an all-star team of veteran RPG developers:
Director & character design: Shinichi Kameoka
Background design: Koji Tsuda
Music: Yoko Shimomura & Yoshitaka Hirota
**Explore beautiful lands with a roll of the dice!

- Unlock gorgeous playfields sealed within mysterious eggs, and explore them with a unique dice-based control system
- Strategy element allows you to stand and fight or turn tail and run!
- Borrow the skills of adorable spirits and feed them delicious food to evolve their powers
- Freely explore a nostalgic and detailed RPG world
**Collect materials and grow your village!

Use materials you find in the playfield to build and furnish homes for the residents of EGGLIA. The better the homes and other gifts you give them, the happier the residents will be!
**Make friends with a colorful cast of characters

EGGLIA is populated by a wonderful cast of strange and endearing characters. Some will appear simply when you revive their land from an egg, while some mysterious races can only be unlocked by clearing certain conditions. Help them to fulfill their wishes and grow your village together!
**Please note the following before purchasing
- EGGLIA: Legend of the Redcap can be played in full with a one-off purchase.
- The game requires a data connection to play, so please enjoy in an environment with data reception.
- Supported languages: English, Japanese (based on your devices default language settings)

- Terms of service: http://egglia.jp/en/terms.html
- Privacy policy: http://egglia.jp/en/privacy.html
- FAQ: http://egglia.jp/faq/

Recommended environment:
Memory: 1GB or more
Free space: 700MB or more

Recommended devices:
iPhone 5 / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C
iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone SE
iPhone 6s / iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus

iPad (5th generation) / iPad air
iPad mini 2 / iPad mini 3 / iPad mini 4
iPad Pro

- This application may be purchased from OS versions or devices that are not compatible, so please check the compatibility information before purchasing. Please note that operation cannot be guaranteed for incompatible OS versions or devices and that refunds are not available.

**Other information

Please note that if you delete the application from your device, your games save data will also be deleted. When moving to a different device, please use the Transfer Code available within the application to transfer your save.

metalwastebasket's comments:
ALERT: Egglia requires an internet connection to play, and there is an entire thread where you can talk about how that makes you feel! It's right here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=309986

Please keep this thread focused on discussion about the game itself, and make comments on your feelings about online connections in the other forum. Thanks!

08-03-2017, 04:35 AM
Woo! Buy button mashed immediately. Can't wait to play this over lunch now!

GameCenter/Plus+: tekchic
Rose Gold iPhone 7 Plus 256gb ATT / iPad Pro LTE 128 12.9" & 9.7"
Apple Watch Sport Series 0 / Switch / Vita / n3DS / PS4 / PS3

08-03-2017, 04:54 AM
Wow, the video alone is enough for you to click on the buy button. 👍
08-03-2017, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
Wow, the video alone is enough for you to click on the buy button. 👍
I have to agree, truly beautiful video.
I'm very tempted to buy but my only concern would be longevity and replayability.

Edit:- I've taken the plunge. Couldn't resist.

Last edited by Pagan Fox; 08-03-2017 at 06:01 AM.
08-03-2017, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
"- The game requires a data connection to play, so please enjoy in an environment with data reception."
Bummer
I too am very disappointed in that bullet point. It would have been an instant purchase without that. Now I'm actually going to have to think about it given my situation (neither of my iOS devices has cellular capability, and for 10+ hours a day, I'm in an environment with no wifi).

It's particularly sad in this case because Legend of Mana is one of my favorite PS1 games, and I'm getting some (probably intentional) serious LOM vibes from this.
08-03-2017, 06:57 AM
I have been playing this for a while in Japan
Thankfully I got the English update for free this morning
Yes it does require an internet connection outside of that this game is super good and I have spent months on it but now the English update meant to have English I had to start over but that's fine because I like it that much
If you don't have a good connection skip it and move on that easy
Not sure why it's required there are daily log in rewards like a FTP game and some other aspects that mirror FTP but there is no energy timer bs to speak of and you don't have to spend
08-03-2017, 08:33 AM
Such a fantastic game till now...
Super polished, well designed and well written with a tonne stuff to do! Worth the price and even more but as everyone here says or is aware, same for me, the online requirement is a big let down. It has some online goodies a la Chaos Rings 3... but the point that you can't take it with you all the time is a letdown... Also, it keeps trying contact with the server toooo many times (in between stages, before/after battles, in building stuff etc)... This means (at least for me) that even on a strong wifi i already have some disconnections (not something big but is a no, to an already ''don't want stuff'')...
As an optimist guy, I'll hope for an offline update but from the structure, i am not sure that it will ever happen.

As i told at the beginning despite the online stuff is a really really good game that i would spend even more for it (on an offline version)!!!

Good luck to the devs anyway.
08-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Have been playing for an hour or so and here are some initial imps.
As you start it really does hold your hand a la tutorial mode and in fact it felt like playing a kids game, that is until you get let loose on the world.
Man is there a lot to do.
There are spirits to collect, eggs to find to open up new areas, menus to cook to gain loyalty points with your companions, upgrades and evolutions and subsequent material gathering for that, house and furniture upgrading, combat, open exploration......it just goes on and on.
The levelling system starts off quick but I can see will take more time as you progress.
According to the website I believe level 100 is max level but then this unlocks a secret mode? Not sure.

Ok, yes it's online only and it does server checks when you leave areas or change menus etc
For me not such an issue as I mainly play at home or can get a good 4G signal around town.
I'm wondering if some sort of wider social element might come into it? Who knows.
So far I'm happy and no bugs!
08-03-2017, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan Fox View Post
Have been playing for an hour or so and here are some initial imps.
As you start it really does hold your hand a la tutorial mode and in fact it felt like playing a kids game, that is until you get let loose on the world.
Man is there a lot to do.
There are spirits to collect, eggs to find to open up new areas, menus to cook to gain loyalty points with your companions, upgrades and evolutions and subsequent material gathering for that, house and furniture upgrading, combat, open exploration......it just goes on and on.
The levelling system starts off quick but I can see will take more time as you progress.
According to the website I believe level 100 is max level but then this unlocks a secret mode? Not sure.

Ok, yes it's online only and it does server checks when you leave areas or change menus etc
For me not such an issue as I mainly play at home or can get a good 4G signal around town.
I'm wondering if some sort of wider social element might come into it? Who knows.
So far I'm happy and no bugs!
the hand holding tutorial is a ruse I have put a lot of hours into it from the japan version and there are times you will die and die often it has some difficult moments for sure but i like that about it. There is more to do in this game than any other i have played
you will sit down to play it to kill a few mins next thing you know its been a couple hours ha
08-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Very interested in this game, would appreciate it if someone could answer a few questions I have.

What happens when you die in the game? Do you just have to start over the stage you were on?
Can you save often in the game? Any time you want or are there save points?
Any tips or tricks? Things to keep in mind?

Thanks in advance!