★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Cogitu
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.7 MB
  • Version: 2.0.12
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: People love Pinball Mini! Just listen to the nice things they have to say:

***** I love this game! Love the colorful graphics ... Great for all ages with just enough difficulty to be humorously stimulating and to play competitively with the grandkids! Just plain fun. -- largebarge

***** For the price this is a fantastic app. It's simple to just pick up and play and put down whenever you need to. The artwork is nice and the simplicity is charming. -- Featherforce

***** This is So Perfectly Done. Really Really Cute and Simple. Brings Back Great Childhood Memories. I Can't Wait for the New Tables. :D - Tested and SERIOUSLY Approved by "ProjectNeXt.info" !! -- BeLLShocK

Plastic mini pinball games have been a staple of parties, birthdays, and holidays for decades. Kids everywhere love the addictive, challenging fun of flicking tiny metal balls into tiny plastic cups. Parents everywhere love the reward of giving their kids fun, entertaining toys that cost practically nothing!

Cogitu is proud to present PINBALL MINI, a lighthearted recreation of the inexplicably addictive mini pinball toy. With pick-up-and-play simplicity, Pinball Mini lets you test your skills on a variety of wonderfully illustrated and totally unique game boards. Play against the clock to see how many points you can score in a 2:00 GAME, or choose FREE PLAY! and rack up ridiculously high scores with unlimited time!

* QUICK AND EASY: Play for just a few minutes, or for hours on end! You'll be surprised just how ADDICTIVE Pinball Mini is!

* FUN, FAMILY-FRIENDLY ARTWORK: Unique, hand-drawn illustrations for every board.

* TWO GAME MODES: 2:00 quickplay and unlimited FREE PLAY!

* IN-GAME PAUSE: Working on a new high score when the boss barges into your office? No problem - just hit PAUSE!

* TOGGLE SOUND EFFECTS: Want to listen to your own music while playing Pinball Mini! Do it!

* TOGGLE GRAVITY EFFECTS: On a bumpy train ride? Sitting in class? If you can't take advantage of the accelerometer for any reason, just click "LOCK GRAVITY" and we'll do the work for you. Take that, gravity!

* HELP SCREENS: Playing Pinball Mini is just about as easy as it gets. But if you need a few tips, check the HELP screens!

* FUN: Pinball Mini provides HOURS of mindless, addictive fun! Just try it and you'll see!
10-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Send a message via AIM to imusic
hm, tempting just for the nostalgia factor.

10-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Are there any Global High Scores? (openfeint? ) or is it planned. This would sell me...............a must these days or it just gets boring too fast. It's all about the score right ?

Please add this feature cause the game looks so retro and cool

and maybe a video of the game in action
10-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by cranker View Post

and maybe a video of the game in action

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
10-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by imusic View Post
hm, tempting just for the nostalgia factor.
That's the only reason I want it.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.
10-28-2009, 06:16 PM
I picked this up

It actually has 6 game boards - Two of them aren't shown in the photos above (or described)
One is White with butterflies and the other is Halloween themed with a haunted house and the balls are black.

The game looks awesome. The graphics are really impressive and the dynamics / physics are well done.
Gameplay is fun as well. This would be a perfect game for an online leaderboard.

I just wish there were more sound effects to fit each 'theme' and a different music track for each board would be cool too (like Ramp Champ)

The game has NO music at all, sound effects are minimal - We need to hear those little metal balls rolling around!!!

No doubt, worth a dollar all day long - I just hope the developer has plans to polish this up because it looks so beautiful, it would be a shame if this wasn't turned into a killer game.
10-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks DG for posting, I can't resist the pinball games. This looks pretty cool, I'm gonna grab it now and check it out.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
10-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Will sound and leaderboards be added...........I would pay 1.99 Is the dev on TA ?
10-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by BOARDUMB View Post
Thanks DG for posting, I can't resist the pinball games. This looks pretty cool, I'm gonna grab it now and check it out.
please let us know what you think of it...yeah, it has that nostalgia factor going for it...hopefully they got the sound of bb's hitting the plastic right

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Haha, well, I guess I should pay more attention. I was on my iPod last night when I saw this game, and basically just breezed thru the screenshots, saw the word "pinball" and clicked buy. I didn't realize this is an iPhone version of those little plastic pinball-like games you could get at arcades or Chuck E Cheese. Not a bad thing, as I loved those little games when I was a kid. Just surprised as I thought this was a legit pinball game.

But this app does what it describes, and does it quite well. I would liken it more to a simplified pachinko, as you have 5 balls that can all be in play at the same time, and your goal is to launch them up and catch them in cups of various sizes and point values. As mentioned there's 6 boards, with the promise of new ones being added frequently. The graphics are what really make this game stand out. Really sharp and colorful hand drawn artwork, and the parts that are supposed to be the plastic are very realistic looking. Unfortunately, there's not much in the way of sound effects. As far as I can tell, there's only the sound of the balls hitting each other and a little ringing bell when you've scored all your balls. And that's it (sorry, no bb's hitting plastic sounds). The menu and UI is all very clean and works well. The physics of the balls behave as they should, and there's tilt so you can try and lean into certain cups if you like. I thought the tilt was a bit too sensitive, but worked well enough. You can turn it off if you want, if you're on a bumpy train or laying on your side or something. But I found that with it off you tend to get balls clogged in the plunger lane, with no way to get them out. I've been keeping it on, as it also makes it more authentic to the original games, but a sensitivity slider would be nice.

The gameplay is inherently shallow, as it's emulating a 25 plastic toy, but it's actually a nice mindless time waster. Definitely amusing if you liked these games as a kid. Online leaderboards would be really nice, and I'd like it to remember your name for high score entries. Overall a nice polished package, worth a dollar for sure. I'll be looking forward to them releasing new boards, and hopefully adding in some new features in the future.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA