★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-12-2017, 02:52 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
@candyjet: first, congrats on finishing!

Now, if you don't mind, I got a few questions cause I'm curious:
- What team did you use?
- Which was your best/worst soldier?
- What level were your folks at the end?
- What tactics did you use?
- Any specific skills/soldiers/combos you abused the heck out of (e.g. like I did with the two Commanders) ?
- Why did you find mission 26 difficult? Have to say I found it pretty easy, just stayed put for a few turns and blasted anything in range into small chunks of alien goo

Last edited by Nullzone; 09-12-2017 at 02:57 PM.
09-13-2017, 03:53 AM
Thanks, NZ.

I ended up using your plan of 2 Commanders (finished at Level 11 and 8), but then used 3 Missile men (Levels 9,9 and 8) and one Medic (level 9).

I rated the commanders and missile men the best, clearly, and didn't get on with the Incinerator or the Cyborg.

My tactics were pretty much the same throughout, once I had sufficient abilities. I would find a suitable area and set up a defensive dome. I would place a couple of Tactical Shield Generators on top of each other from the missile fellas, adding a couple of First aid boosts (can't remember the exact name, but it is a green dome, from the medic). I would use the command AP to transfer to the other members of the team to make sure I had this all set up in the first couple of goes. From then on, it was pretty much up to the rocket blasts from the missile men. Grenades from the Commanders also worked well. I didn't get on much with turrets, as they seemed a bit weak to me, other than one level (a survive x number of turns level) where I used them to block the entrance to a small room I gathered in.

The major flaw in the strategy is being taken out by a grenade, which could easily decimate the team, and I think it was that that shredded my first attempt on level 26.

I'm not very imaginative at these games, and pretty much ignored terrain protection throughout, until right at the last levels when I was desperate. I also realised right at the end that I had forgotten about Command Points, so it turned out that I hadn't used any.

I think I may try swapping around team members now, and upping the difficulty. Is there a maximum Level for the team members?

Cheers,

CJ

Last edited by candyjet; 09-13-2017 at 03:56 AM.

09-13-2017, 10:42 AM
Saw on AppZapp that this was on sale for $3.99 but that’s not the price on the App Store. Has it just not gone into effect yet?

I have both of the dev’s other games and had interest in this but what I’ve heard about the difficulty level (even in comparison to the others which I already considered difficult) has made me hesitient.

But may give it the benefit of the doubt if it’s on sale.

Edit: Ignore this. It is $3.99. That’s what I get for not realizing I was signed into my NZ account to try a soft launch.

Anxious to check this out now!

Last edited by anthony78; 09-13-2017 at 02:15 PM.
09-13-2017, 02:09 PM
Was going to jump on Iron Marines, but the IAP shenanigans turned me off instantly.

Seeing this on sale was a relief for my itchy trigger finger. Bought!
09-13-2017, 02:16 PM
On a side note, anyone know why TA and AppShopper cant update their app, but AppZapp, which also has price tracking, does still work on iOS 11?
09-14-2017, 03:49 AM
Any character customization? Leveling?
09-14-2017, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1377 View Post
Any character customization? Leveling?
Yes, characters gain xp and level up. As they Do, they unlock new abilities and get stat bonuses. You can customize them with different equipment.
09-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Also have an Android and was shocked to see it on sale for only $1.49 on Google Play. Oh well, cant gripe about giving another $2.50 to the devs on iOS.
09-14-2017, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveLightGames View Post
Yes, characters gain xp and level up. As they Do, they unlock new abilities and get stat bonuses. You can customize them with different equipment.
Thanks for the reply, BOUGHT XD
09-16-2017, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
Also have an Android and was shocked to see it on sale for only $1.49 on Google Play. Oh well, can’t gripe about giving another $2.50 to the devs on iOS.
Thanks. The iOS version is slightly better because it has dynamic shadows and image effects. I can't get those working even on high end android devices for some reason.