★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: RETRO Cave Flyer: Price Drop ($0.99)

12-31-2008, 08:17 AM
RETRO Cave Flyer: Price Drop ($0.99)

Hi guys,

First, thank you Blake for the great review, it's always a massive relief to see kind words after months of graft.

To date we've only had two negative comments; the difficulty of a few particular early levels and (as ever on App Store) the price.

First, we're pleased to announce a price drop to 1.79 / $2.99, which we hope will encourage a those standing on the fence to make the jump.

Finally, version 1.1 was submitted to Apple on the 28th Dec, which addresses difficulty issues in both Normal and Hard modes.

Happy New Year

Adam T.

Cheers!
12-31-2008, 09:37 AM
RETRO looks great but as many toucharcade members with so many great games recently out and many look so good that my app budget is way over budget for the month and most likely next month. I see you have 5 reviews in the iTunes store that are for the most part very positive. Right now I have been playing ZoneOut, 7 Cities and recently The Creeps!.

Keep up the good work. Your game looks polished and you seem to care deeply about what you release.

Happy New Year,
Stephen

Last edited by wisegrape; 12-31-2008 at 09:39 AM.

12-31-2008, 10:30 AM
I bought it, love the game. Thanks

EDIT: Bought it before the price drop... don't care, it's worth it.
12-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks darwiniandude, that's really appreciated.

Stephen - we've mulled over a promotion giveaway, and we might do one after 1.1 is out (we get new tickets, see) but if so it'll most likely be open to all rather than anyone in particular...I don't want us to be seen as buying favorable reviews, I hope that makes sense. Don't let that stop you from buying the game though! (drat, should have seen that coming...!)

We have considered opening beta testing to toucharcade forum members - I'd love to do it for many reasons, but there are reservations as well. We have some very cool stuff in the works, some of which I've seen echoed in various wishlist posts so I'm sure there'd be no shortage of volunteers. I'll post regarding that sort of stuff in the future if forum decorum permits.

Cheers,

Adam T.

Cheers!
12-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I caught this game on AppSniper and I'm just wondering if anyone who has this game would mind giving a quick review on it for me. It looks like a great game, but I'd like one of the trusted people here at TA to let me know what it's like.

Thanks

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
I caught this game on AppSniper and I'm just wondering if anyone who has this game would mind giving a quick review on it for me. It looks like a great game, but I'd like one of the trusted people here at TA to let me know what it's like.

Thanks
I'd like some quick review. I think arn or Blake let the impression the game is not so easy...

Anyway, it seems the next update the developer will adjust the difficulty.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
12-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
Booo... just bought this yesterday .... oh well ... great (if REALLY difficult) game
12-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synagence View Post
great (if REALLY difficult) game
agreed, i actually like the difficulty as it makes the game more challenging. mission 11 got me for a while, but finally beat it with over 2 1/2 minutes to spare.

i hope the update doesn't make it too easy or force me to beat some of these levels over.
12-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
I'd like some quick review. I think arn or Blake let the impression the game is not so easy...

Anyway, it seems the next update the developer will adjust the difficulty.
Retro
Quote:
VERSION HISTORY:

1.1 is in Apple's approval queue!

- Timers have been extended in NORMAL mode
- Shields reduced in HARD mode
- Lasers do more damage in HARD mode
I don't think that will make the game too easy. But, I'm still wondering if the game is worth it and how long the 23 levels will last me.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
01-02-2009, 10:32 PM
The update is out. Did anyone try it?

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8