★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Follow.trail is a minimalist puzzle game, where the goal is to follow the trail of dots without leaving anything behind.


----- WHAT DOES IT FEATURE?

- Countless procedurally generated levels with a shared seed, so that all players are solving the same puzzles.
- Simple mechanics that combined result in challenging but rewarding puzzles.
- No hints or skipping levels. Sorry. You have to beat them all. Don't say I didn't warn you.
- Something for you to discover and something for you to reach.
- Minimalistic graphics emphasizing the goal of the game.
- No menus, options or other unnecessary features for maximum focus.
- Simple swipe controls with slow swipe to preview the next move.
- iCloud Save Sync and Highest Level Leaderboard.
- Always ready to play with no loading screens.
- Super light for those concerned about storage.
- Pay once and play however you like.
- Designed and implemented by one independent developer who loves games and hopes to deliver more of them in the future.


----- WHAT ARE THE REVIEWS?

"If you're a fan of puzzle games I recommend you pick follow.trail up and give it a try. The simple and clever design and high level of challenge will provide many hours of entertaining in both bite-size chunks or longer play sessions." - TouchArcade (4.5 / 5)

"I keep getting drawn to the game to solve one more level. If youre fan of relaxed but challenging puzzle games, this is one you really shouldnt miss." - AppUnwrapper


----- WHO AM I?

Games were always my escape from the sad reality. But playing games wasnt enough for me and I wanted something more. I wanted to make games.

With that in mind, I started my career as a software developer in 2007 and after 2 years of saving I bought my MacBook Pro and iPhone 3GS with a plan to make games in my free time. In 2010 I moved from Poland to Canada to start a new life with my wife, but my dream about making games hasnt changed. Now, many iPhones later, after many projects and hours spent, I'm ready to release my first game that I developed on the same old MacBook I bought 8 years ago.

My initial goal was to make something simple and quick. That wasnt me. It took me over a year but it became my most personal game with a meaning behind every single detail. Now when I see other people playing the game and their reactions when solving the puzzles they struggled with, I know it was worth it.

Who knows, maybe my game will inspire someone somewhere out there to became a developer as well. Thats why its worth doing!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

rajieru's comments:


Website: http://followthetrail.info
Presskit: http://followthetrail.info/presskit
Twitter: https://twitter.com/gpykacz
08-10-2017, 01:28 AM
#2
love these types of puzzle games. please make sure to encourage the dev, he seems sweet and passionate.

if anyone cannot get enough of those types of puzzles, here is another premium app with the same mechanic: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tomb-of-the-brain/id1116417458?mt=8

happy gaming.

08-10-2017, 01:57 AM
#3
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingaficionado View Post
love these types of puzzle games. please make sure to encourage the dev, he seems sweet and passionate.

if anyone cannot get enough of those types of puzzles, here is another premium app with the same mechanic: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tomb-of-the-brain/id1116417458?mt=8

happy gaming.
Thank you!

Also thanks God that I missed that game's release cause I would most likely stop working on follow.trail and just kill the project because of to many similarities

Thankfully that didn't happen and we are here now
08-10-2017, 02:07 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajieru View Post
Thank you!

Also thanks God that I missed that game's release cause I would most likely stop working on follow.trail and just kill the project because of to many similarities

Thankfully that didn't happen and we are here now
no worries. this puzzle is a hardcore classic which i can never have too much of. professor layton had its own spin on it too with a different skin.

best of luck for your first week of release and thereafter. here's to many more apps from you :3
08-10-2017, 09:01 AM
#5
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 54
Just posted some promo codes! You can find them here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...63#post4040463

Enjoy!
08-10-2017, 09:21 AM
#6
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,665
I just grabbed a promo code (thank you) and downloaded this. The app icon is not displaying properly on my iPad 2 Air.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
08-10-2017, 09:24 AM
#7
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 656
Well I got a promo so thank you very much indeed.

However, I really don't understood the mechanics at all. I get that you want to keep it minimalist and that's admirable but I'm stuck and I don't know why.

What causes the black blocks to appear on the board? Is it level over once they are there because I can't see how to get rid of them.

What is the significance of the rows of blocks at the bottom?

It may go on to make this clearer in later levels but right now I can't get past the one that I'm on so I may not get that far.

I love the style and I bet there's a great game in there, I just wish I knew how to play it.
08-10-2017, 10:11 AM
#8
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I just grabbed a promo code (thank you) and downloaded this. The app icon is not displaying properly on my iPad 2 Air.
Well it doesn't meant to be available on iPad :P it technically should "just work" but i can't promise it. I set it up to be iPhone only so not sure how it ended up on iPad. I'm sorry for all inconveniences

UPDATE: Ok it works in emulation mode so it should work just fine. the only missing part is icon which I'll add as soon as possible. Either way I'm planning to make make it universal and proper iPad support in the future (plus iCloud sync). Once again sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
Well I got a promo so thank you very much indeed.

However, I really don't understood the mechanics at all. I get that you want to keep it minimalist and that's admirable but I'm stuck and I don't know why.

What causes the black blocks to appear on the board? Is it level over once they are there because I can't see how to get rid of them.

What is the significance of the rows of blocks at the bottom?

It may go on to make this clearer in later levels but right now I can't get past the one that I'm on so I may not get that far.

I love the style and I bet there's a great game in there, I just wish I knew how to play it.
On the first few levels you should see a finger showing you what to do. It should help you to figure out the mechanics if you will follow the instructions. I don't wanna spoil things here so I hope that will be enough for you to proceed

Last edited by rajieru; 08-10-2017 at 10:32 AM.
08-10-2017, 10:46 AM
#9
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 656
I'm past the finger stages and still none the wiser. Oh well; hopefully I'm just stupid.
08-10-2017, 11:04 AM
#10
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
I'm past the finger stages and still none the wiser. Oh well; hopefully I'm just stupid.
Haha I don't think so The game is a little bit rough and that was a general feedback I was getting but I wanted it to be this way. So the main mechanic is when you step on light tile it decreases the tile value by one (one dot to zero, two dots to one, etc.) and when you step on on a empty or dark tile it increases the value by one (zero dots to one, one dots to two, etc). So the goal is to move from tile to tile, from the beginning to the end of trail, and removing all the dots from a level before hitting finish tile. Here I hope that helps a little!

There are also special types of tiles but those ones I'll leave to be figured out by players