★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: the cities are glitching out
they need you, city witch!
save the cities from their glitches
solve turn-based puzzles on haunted city rooftops

fly to haunted cities
land on rooftop puzzles
tap to move across tiles
bewitch cats
dodge arrows
avoid city spooks and dark things that skitter
light the runes to complete the ritual
release the glitch

features:
- 95 tricky levels
- 7 glowing cities
- 7 boss puzzles
- 3 spooky achievements
- wyrd atmospheric music
- vibrant pixels
- glitchy shaders
- no ads or in-app purchases
- no internet connection required
- works great on iPhone and iPad
- supports portrait and landscape modes
- high and low graphics options

mindfungus's comments:

08-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Cityglitch was made by four friends and is our first commercial game. We would love to hear your feedback! The game is also available on PC/Mac/Linux here.

08-10-2017, 01:26 PM
purchased this little gem yesterday since i am a huge fan of this type of puzzle games.

it's a turn based puzzle game in the same vein as "warlock's tower": https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/warlocks-tower/id1111603555?mt=8

i am considering double dipping on the dev's itch.io page to encourage them: https://mindfungus.itch.io/cityglitch

it may not look like much, but i promise you the game gets devilishly challenging. anyone who loves puzzle games owes it to themselves to buy it. plus there's a free pc demo (https://mindfungus.itch.io/cityglitch-jam) if you want to test the waters.

happy gaming
08-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Hey thanks for checking it out gamingaficionado! Warlock's Tower is pretty cool, just started playing it.

If people would like to try the game but don't have the money, send us a private message
08-14-2017, 11:54 AM
I have to agree with gamingaficionado on this one. Game is super fun and challenging. Game is kind of like chess in that your character has the same moves as the queen piece. You have to plan your moves to get to certain parts of the level which can be quite tricky. If you like puzzle games I would definitely recommend trying this. This game is a lot of fun and can be enjoyed in short bursts.
08-14-2017, 12:13 PM
One of the more unique challenging chess / checkers like games ever.
The theme is so incredibly unique and I'm a huge fan of pixelated games so I already can't get enough of this game.
The puzzles will have you playing them more than once to figure them out and that's a huge plus.
08-14-2017, 12:25 PM
Very cool puzzle game. When I first started, I thought, this is it? The first few levels are quite easy — even without a tutorial. But things quickly change and it’s pretty dang hard and takes a lot of thought to figure out how to outrun/avoid enemies, etc. to get everywhere you need to go. Definitely recommended for those who enjoy a challenging puzzler.
08-14-2017, 06:39 PM
Thank you for the code, here are my initial impressions.

Very fun and challenging game. Tap to move, the object is to activate the portals (my interpretation) while avoiding or manipulating the "enemy objects". Your character is limited to certain directions, but not spaces, not limited to incremental movement. Very well done, sort of like sokoban type puzzler with the added twist.

Graphics, awesome, with the option to reduce graphics based on battery consumption or idevice.

Sound, can't comment, playing at work lol

Controls, responsive, if I made a mistake, it's me, not the game.

Cons: hope you add an undo button, rather than a reset button. No a game killer, but the undo button would enhance an awesome game.

Highly recommended for any puzzle fan, the price is well worth it.

Awesome job and keep up the great work!
08-14-2017, 07:21 PM
^^ Agree about the undo button. That would be a great addition.
08-14-2017, 08:40 PM
This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it out!