★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Soft Launch EU] Arena of Valor (by Proxima Beta)

08-11-2017, 09:25 AM
[Soft Launch EU] Arena of Valor (by Proxima Beta)

MOBA-friends, arena of valor is out on iOS and android. This is the chinese moba (starring Batman et al, in china its called honor of kings) that recently got some coverage on TA for reportedly being so addictive. I can sincerely confirm that �� for me it even tops Vainglory! Like all (?) Mobas, the game is free, but the IAP system is absolutely fair as the game is nicely balanced. No pay to win in sight. Go check it out, believe me its worth it!

P.s.: could a mod please make this a regular new release thread? I just wanted to share this very quickly so everyone can join the fun, so i didnt wait until TA makes a thread itself ��

Arena of Valor: 5v5 Arena Game

PROXIMA BETA
Genres: Games Action Role-Playing
Free

Quote:
Experience Arena of Valor, an epic new 5v5 multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) designed by Tencent Games!

Master unique and powerful heroes, like Batman, while teaming up with friends. Create the most dominating team the MOBA world has ever seen! DC LOGO, BATMAN and all related characters and elements & TM DC Comics.

Call on your teammates to join you in the jungle! Crush your enemies in classic 5v5 combat in real time! Draw first blood, carry your team, and become legendary in the arena!

Features:

- Classic 5v5 MOBA, Perfected for Mobile -
Traverse a classic three-lane arena filled with nooks and crannies between towers. Watch out for enemies lurking in the brush and uncover secrets that wait in the jungle. Intuitive controls specifically designed for mobile will have you racking up kills with ease and make you an MVP in no time!

- Growing Number of Legendary Heroes -
Explore and command a roster of over 40 fearless heroes and counting, including a variety of Tanks, Assassins, Mages, Support, Warriors, and Marksmen. Build the perfect team to crush your opponents in battle!

- The Ultimate MOBA Experience -
First Blood, Double Kill, Triple Kill… all the features that you know and love right at your fingertips. Discover and dominate all the gameplay modes, including 5v5, 3v3, 1v1, and a unique “Hook Wars” mode that will challenge your skills and make you a true champion!

- Fast Matchmaking & 10-Minute Matches -
Team up with players all around the world in an instant. Carve your way through jungles, lanes, and towers, draw first blood and destroy the enemy Core. Carry your team to victory in less than 10 minutes!

- Join Your Friends in Fierce Team Battles -
Enjoy fast-paced combat and forge alliances with players around the world. Interact with friends and guild buddies every day using real-time voice chat. Share the load, work together, and fight strategically. Team up with your friends in Tourney Mode and soon you’ll be able to create your own league. Arena of Valor is the new eSport for your mobile devices.

- Got What It Takes? Free to Play Forever -
In Arena of Valor, it’s all about skill. We strive to create the most riveting and balanced gameplay, so you can turn the tide of battle and vie for glory no matter the odds. Win or lose, every action counts!

Contact Us:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArenaofValor
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgY...Y4onYm2Eh61zwQ
Twitter: https://twitter.com/arenaofvalor
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/arenaofvalor/

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G-iPad23G
  • iPhone4S-iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5-iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini-iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c-iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s-iPhone5s
  • iPadAir-iPadAir
  • iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular
  • iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina
  • iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular
  • iPhone6-iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus
  • iPadAir2-iPadAir2
  • iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular
  • iPadMini3-iPadMini3
  • iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular
  • iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone6s-iPhone6s
  • iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus
  • iPadMini4-iPadMini4
  • iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular
  • iPadPro-iPadPro
  • iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular
  • iPadPro97-iPadPro97
  • iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular
  • iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE
  • iPhone7-iPhone7
  • iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus
  • iPad611-iPad611
  • iPad612-iPad612
  • iPad71-iPad71
  • iPad72-iPad72
  • iPad73-iPad73
  • iPad74-iPad74

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 821.9MB

Last edited by Boardumb; 08-11-2017 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added appinfo
08-11-2017, 12:25 PM
I don't see this on the US app store yet. Their Facebook page says it just released in some european countries.

Update: I do see it on the Netherlands store.

Last edited by Egokiller; 08-11-2017 at 12:29 PM.

08-11-2017, 01:15 PM
This is not a global release, only Europe and some Asian countries. This is still considered a soft launch.
Please change the thread title accordingly, or put the thread in Upcoming games.

That said, this game is FANTASTIC.
If, like me, you can't stand the "tap to move" and lat-hit mechanics of Vainglory, Arena of Valor will be your new home.
Plays more like an Action-RPG with targetable skills.
Great graphics, tons of awesome heroes.

Global release hasn't been given a date yet.
08-11-2017, 01:46 PM
It's probably worth waiting to play until there are some US bases servers. The tutorial is super smooth, however I am averaging 200-300 ms latency while trying to play with other people. It's manageable, but not fun with that sort of lag. Still better than the 400-500ms when it soft launched as strike of kings in asia.
08-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
If, like me, you can't stand the "tap to move" and lat-hit mechanics of Vainglory, Arena of Valor will be your new home.
OMG could this be true? Have to download now!
08-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Sorry! Downloaded in germany withouth noticing it is europe only. Will try to change the treads title accordingly.

Edit: I asked a mod to change the title.

Last edited by Lurchroboter; 08-11-2017 at 02:15 PM.
08-11-2017, 05:07 PM
Uhhh, the game seems cool, but virtual controls are really bad compared to vg.

XboxLive: MaxRolled | VG(EU): Ann0ying | GC: Ann0ying666 | Apps Beta Tested: 34
08-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann0ying View Post
Uhhh, the game seems cool, but virtual controls are really bad compared to vg.
I couldn't disagree more -
The stick controls combined with the aimable ability wheels provide a level of precision and control just not possible with tap-to-move.
If you are used to tap to move you might need to get used to it, but it's so fluid when you do.

Being able to move in a circle (strafe) and aim abilities in any direction is awesome. Plus your fingers aren't obstructing your view. It's really liberating when you get the hang of it. Tap to move is archaic, frankly.
08-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
I couldn't disagree more -
The stick controls combined with the aimable ability wheels provide a level of precision and control just not possible with tap-to-move.
If you are used to tap to move you might need to get used to it, but it's so fluid when you do.

Being able to move in a circle (strafe) and aim abilities in any direction is awesome. Plus your fingers aren't obstructing your view. It's really liberating when you get the hang of it. Tap to move is archaic, frankly.
I agree completely. I hated tap to move in vainglory and prefer virtual contols like this and mobile legends. There are some settings in game that let you define how the virtual contols target enemies (there is also a lock on feature for auto attack).

I played a few games and my latency has been good. Main menu says 220ms, but in game il getting 50ms.
08-11-2017, 11:23 PM
same here! loving the controls as i am a tap to move hater and the no last hit idiotic mechanic.
Also the items are really easy to buy, you just tap (they show as soon as you earn enough gold next to your portrait) anywhere you are
Plus there is a 3vs3 which ends in around 5 minutes!
As someone who wanted to love VG but hated
1) the tap to move
2) going in menus - map spots to buy items
3) the long matches unless i wanted to play a random hero
4) most importantly the last hit thing, it was either that or go solo or buy xp share

i am LOVING this!
ps if you can run it now we get 2 heroes per day -1per 3 completed matches.
If on the other hand you dislike the above, you arent going to like this either.