32bit games theory

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by syphern84, Aug 11, 2017.

1. syphern84

syphern84 Member

Sep 19, 2013
    I know what devs may do in terms of the games that are still 32bit and have not been updated.

They will wait until apple takes the app off the store. Make a few changes and make it 64bit and re-release it hence rebuying the game...

Just a thought!

2. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Wishful thinking,I hope it's true.But not all will do that.Slitherine won't update their 32 bit apps because the engine of their games was 32 bit.

3. FuZion

FuZion Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    In an ideal scenario yes, but I fear that the vast majority will genuinely slip away into obscurity.

A few may be playing their card close to their chest yes, but not the majority. there's some VERY old games & updating them is a lot of time, recourse & effort.

Sad but likely true.

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Unfortunately, I wish you were right as i'd but most of mine that I'll lose in a heartbeat. It's just a sad fact that most of the developers made hardly any money in the first place as the AppStore has turned us all into poundstore/land/world shoppers. It's a horrible place!