Best/Favorite Match 3 Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Piph, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I'm looking for a fun game I can play one handed while chilling in bed and match-3 games were the first genre to pop into my mind.

I know there's a ton of them out there, but it's always felt like a lot of the popular ones are just built to trick me into spending money. I don't mind dropping a dollar or two here and there on a FTP game, but I only do it on games that I feel like I would have played a ton of even if I couldn't spare the money.

RPG elements are a plus, but I like to avoid overly grindy games that have me working against extremely unfavorable RNG mechanics in order to progress through the game.

What are you favorites? Free to play and premium apps are both fine, so long as you really think they're worth the time.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Best one for me is Hero Emblems, and it's premium. Then there's Guardian Sword, Super Glyph Quest and You Must Build A Boat.

I havent gotten The Powerpuff Girls match-3 game yet, but it sounds good based on the thread here in TA

And these are all premium iirc.

3. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I took a look at Guardian Sword and I'm sorta interested. I definitely prefer gameplay over story, so it doesn't bother me much that it's a little light on that (from what I've heard, at least), but I've gotta admit that it doesn't look super polished.

I bought Hero Emblems a long time ago, but I dropped it because I wasn't feeling the genre at the time and the humor wasn't really clicking with me. I'm downloading it now to give it another try.

Haha, I hadn't given the powerpuff girl game too much thought, but maybe I'll take a look?

Thanks for the recommendations!

Out of curiosity, did you ever play much Puzzles and Dragons? I've been thinking about that one for some reason. I guess because it always seemed ridiculously popular.

4. wingydingy

wingydingy Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Appodeal (Intelligent Ad Mediation): www.appodeal.
    San Francisco
    We got some interesting match-3 game submissions for our indie game contest recently. Check out Pirate Match Adventure, Steve Punk and Big Journey here and see what you think!

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Puzzles and Dragons is very enjoyable, but I think in order to go very far, you really have to get into the weeds of making strong characters and teams. I like playing it, but don’t want to invest hours into the strategy, but lots of folks do.

The new Gardenscapes is pretty mindless and has different goals and such. Also, Free Fall and the Wizard of Oz aren’t bad, but they definitely try and pull money for in-app purchases. I have not spent a dime, but also don’t mind only playing a short time and then waiting to play more the next day.