★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Glu Games Inc
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Under the busy city lights, Taxi Fight! puts you in a quick race against time and traffic to catch a cab.

iTunes® CUSTOMER REVIEWS (U.S.):

"I love this game! It's Flight Control level addictingness, and this update makes it even better!"

"The graphics, the concept, the action! It doesn't get any better, you'd be a nut to pass up on this bad boy;)"

"Surprisingly fun and addicting. A twist on games like Flight Control."

FEATURES
The more passengers you get into free cabs, the more fares your taxi company earns. But wouldnt you know it the more success you have, the faster the cabs speed along the city streets, making them a real challenge to chase down. If your passengers have to wait too long for a cab, theyll literally explode in rage. And if one of them is run over, game over!

3 PLAYABLE MAPS - *NEW*
Pick up your fares on the streets of Miami Beach, New York City, and Tokyo

COMBO POINTS SYSTEM
Make smart moves and use quick thinking to earn mega bonus points

9 PASSENGER TYPES - *NEW*
Earn different fares by picking up the wealthy dog walker, young hipster, bikini girl and more - but be careful some customers move slower than others

ARCADE MODE - *NEW*
Progress through multiple levels of gameplay with unique objectives on all three maps

ENDLESS GAMEPLAY
The action gets faster and tougher over time, with more obstacles like trucks and emergency vehicles in the way

PRAISE FROM THE PRESS
Very polished management type game that has a Flight Control feel - TouchGen

Check out other Glu games:

World Series of Poker Hold'em Legend
*NEW* Jump O'Clock
Deer Hunter 3D
Family Guy: Uncensored
TRANSFORMERS G1: AWAKENING
Super KO Boxing 2
How to Train Your Dragon
TRANSFORMERS CyberToy
Bonsai Blast
Glyder 2
Build-a-lot
Brain Genius Deluxe
Cops & Robbers
Alley Gator
Mini Golf Wacky Worlds
Cooking Star
Stranded: Mysteries of Time
Beat It!

FOLLOW US at
twitter.com/glumobile
facebook.com/glumobile

EMAIL US at
taxifight-i@glu.com

jecebn's comments:

Lite : http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=350050961&mt=8
10-28-2009, 11:17 PM

Last edited by salsamd; 10-29-2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: hd

10-29-2009, 03:34 AM
Not 1st Gen. Touch Compatible?

Doesn't seem to be compatible with the 1st gen. Touch according to the description in the AppStore...

Having the watched the video, it doesn't look like I'm missing out on much
10-29-2009, 02:54 PM
I felt compelled to grab it and, interestingly I don't know if they so clearly show the fare's paths like they did in the demo (might have just missed it from my brief playing this morning).

What the video doesn't show (nor have I seen yet) is the other 2 types of fares that are worth more cash but move slower and some of the additional hazard vehicles that will eventually be zooming through the streets that your fares have to make sure they don't get hit by (one hit fare and the game is over). If I understand it right the taxis can only accept one fare at a time and if you absentmindedly try to have a second fare jump into an already occupied taxi he'll either not be able to jump in, or worse yet, get run over (to the game's credit the already occupied taxis give off a red aura so it shouldn't be too hard to avoid this mistake once you know how to play).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-30-2009, 09:03 AM
I played some more and it's growing on me a bit.

Pros:
-I like the game's combo system. The initial business men are only worth a $1 but if you can get several in taxis in fairly rapid succession your fare will be multiplied.
-The later appearing fares (worth more money but a lot slower) are a fun change but are more challenging to get in the taxi (pretty much need to jump in front of an empty taxi, but being slower it's a little harder to avoid the other traffic).

Cons:
-The controls don't quite work as they show in the video, perhaps they thought the being able to "lock onto" a taxi and have the fare automatically follow it around was too easy. As it is now you can't even really draw them a path or destination but need to sort of "swipe" to move them (longer swipes move them further in the direction of your swipe). The controls are decent enough allowing you to move them very precisely BUT it does seem to mean a lot more micro management (no simply setting a guy on a course to cross the screen).

My iTunes Reviews
10-30-2009, 09:11 AM
you can't draw a path? that doesn't sound that workable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
you can't draw a path? that doesn't sound that workable?
Maybe you can swipe to a destination...not entirely sure but definitely DO NOT see any sort of line or path like displayed in the demo movie.

My iTunes Reviews
10-30-2009, 09:51 AM
lol can they get runover?
10-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
lol can they get runover?
Very much so!

Your game will end:

1) When you get run over (standing in front of or stupidly running into a full taxi or any of the other non-taxi vehicles in the game that get introduced later).

2) When a fare waiting too long explodes (he'll first start fuming and then turn red and eventually EXPLODE).

My iTunes Reviews
10-30-2009, 03:52 PM
not a line drawing game

Hey all,

Glu here.

The game is actually compatible with first gen iPod touch - we fixed the description in iTunes. Thanks for helping us find that error!

Also, it's not a line drawing game like Flight Control. It's a simple tap and touch mechanic where you connect a passenger with a cab. They will then walk toward that cab, sometimes into oncoming traffic. That is were you would need to swipe them out of the way or else they will get run over.

If you don't get the passengers into a cab fast enough, they literally explode in anger and the game is over.

Hope this help!
glu

Last edited by iheartglyder; 10-30-2009 at 04:07 PM.