★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tunnels & Trolls Adventures lets you play gripping story adventures for FREE. These are addictive, interactive fiction games filled with the richness of pen & paper RPGs.

Will your rolls on Luck or Dexterity get you through the chasms of Buffalo Castle? Do you have enough adds to get you through Naked Doom?

Every Tunnels & Trolls Adventure is a snackable quest that lets you foray into a world filled with trolls, dwarves, monsters, balrogs and more! You will have your choice of games such as Buffalo Castle, Naked Doom, Seven Ayes, Golden Dust Red Death, Grimtina's Guard and more updating each week.

If you cant get enough of games like Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder Adventures, or just a fan of classic fantasy pen and paper RPGs in general, you will love Tunnels & Trolls Adventures.

Combines classic Sword & Sorcery role-playing with rich choose your own adventure style interactive fiction
Remastered for mobile with hand-drawn art, audio and music
Forge your hero from one of the four kindred races Humans, Elves, Dwarves or Hobbs
Classic RPG intensity traps & encounters are unforgiving, but for the hearty and lucky great treasures await
Let the dice fall where they may as they roll across the screen to decide your fate
Includes adventures from legendary RPG designers Ken St. Andre, Rick Loomis & Michael Stackpolewith more to come!
Adapted from the classic pen & paper Tunnels & Trolls role-playing system by Ken St. Andre
Featuring original illustrations by famed artists Liz Danforth, Josh Kirby and Peter Laird.

Boardumb's comments:

08-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Not available in Belgium store, pity.

08-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
Not available in Belgium store, pity.
Same in France
08-16-2017, 07:35 PM
It is quite well done, at least with these introductory adventures. I hope the editor is out soon and gives us a lot of options in creating our own. I do think that the free scenario, naked doom, is one of the worst though. It is extremely hard (though it says for beginning characters) and has lots of instant deaths and frequent combats with huge monsters (+200 bonus or more).

I do like their monetary system. Spend money to permanently unlock adventures, or watch an ad per attempt.

If the devs are watching this thread, PLEASE let our characters be synced. I don't know why you would tie them to a single device, especially since we have to make an account anyways.
08-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Loving it.. great prices too..
08-16-2017, 09:41 PM
Naked Doom is terrible. I uninstalled it. I'm not going to play a game the same way you'd find a doorway in pitch darkness.
08-17-2017, 01:49 AM
I got a crazy 40 stat roll that I threw on my hobb character's luck attribute. He does crazy damage even when I roll *1s....105??! He's one shorting everything but a Balrog in the dungeons....
08-17-2017, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhojuhc View Post
I got a crazy 40 stat roll that I threw on my hobb character's luck attribute. He does crazy damage even when I roll *1s....105??! He's one shorting everything but a Balrog in the dungeons....
That's a stroke of luck. An interesting aspect of this T&T is that characters can pass from one adventure to another, so take care of that one.
I'm trying to draw a map of the Naked Doom dungeon. Things were done differently in 1975!
08-17-2017, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
Things were done differently in 1975!
That's true, but if it hopes to succeed in 2017 some concessions need to be made. As a lightweight gamebook-player, the app is great and should foster a nice community of player made gamebooks. But having naked doom be the sole free entry into the system is a horrible mistake. This should be an expert level gamebook that people will buy for nostalgia and/or the challenge. The worst part about it is the only other "full-length" gamebook, buffalo castle, is a PERFECT intro to this app. It is fun, charming, easy, and throws oodles of items, money, and AP your way with an ending you can initiate at virtually any time. I honestly think choosing naked doom over buffalo castle for the free adventure is going to turn so many people off to this.

I keep calling them gamebooks because that is what they will be compared to, and the gamebooks by inkle and tin man are going to appear much better than this one (again, because it was by its nature made to support fan-made contributions). Modules to me imply some sort of multiplayer component, which to my knowledge this app has no plans for.
08-17-2017, 05:24 AM
unavailable in Japanese store