Sprnkls (Match 3 with an ACTUAL twist)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by frostypopcorps, Aug 17, 2017.

1. frostypopcorps

frostypopcorps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Before you roll your eyes, give the trailer a look. :)

When I was a kid, I was obsessed with the game “15 Puzzle”, a sliding puzzle that consists of a frame of numbered square tiles in random order with one tile missing. The object of the puzzle is to place the tiles in numerical order by making sliding moves that use the empty space. With each move, the displaced tile moves to the previously empty space.

A casual and clever puzzle game about the paths you choose and the choices you make, Sprnkls is a match 3 (or more) style puzzle game created within the limitations of said system. This creates an infinite amount of possible solutions dependent on ones clever and forth dimensional brain function.

Sprinkles should be out mid September, on iOS.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CoolDukeNukem

CoolDukeNukem Member

Aug 16, 2017
    There are already several games with this same mechanic of displacing by swapping tiles. Puzzles and Dragons comes to mind and there was anothe popular one that I forget the name of now.

Hopefully you can get some attention from people that want a simple puzzle version without the RPG element.

3. frostypopcorps

Patreon Indie

Ah nice. If you remember the other one please do tell!

Thanks!

4. frostypopcorps

Patreon Indie

Sprnkls out Sept.14

On the heals of "Invaders... From Space!" being featured in 153 countries, I'm excited to announce the my puzzle game "Sprnkls" will be coming out on September 14th.

Cheers!

5. frostypopcorps

Patreon Indie

6. frostypopcorps

Patreon Indie

Sprnkls Tips & Tricks

• Tiles that intersect two sets of matching colours count twice, so creating crosses or L-shapes is a great strategy (ex: a cross can be made up of 5 tiles but counts for 6 tile points: three across and three vertically)
    • Use a bomb to clear a board when you have some moves left; this will increase your score because your leftover moves are worth 5X
    • Doing so (using a bomb to clear board) also saves you an extra move that is added to your next board
    • Don’t always focus on moving the tile you want to match (if you want to match 3 blue, don’t just grab a blue tile and move it), but choose tiles you can move that you know will displace others into matches; I do this a lot and match 6-12 tiles frequently with one move
    • When tile colours needed to match get really large (ex: you need to match 20+ red tiles to clear a board), get the largest one down to a relatively manageable size (10 or so) and use a bomb to clear the rest of it (I’ve used a bomb to clear 11 tiles of the same colour to complete a board with one move left!)

Good luck and thanks!