★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Line Drawing Strategy Game - Avatar of War is out! $0.99only

10-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Line Drawing Strategy Game - Avatar of War is out! $0.99only

Avatar of War is an innovative line drawing strategy game. You are the commander of an army. Your mission is to destroy enemies castle without mercy by commanding your army to fight.

- unlimited level to play
- 7 types of units with unique skill
- drawing lines to command the army
- more than 14 abilities to upgrade
- online world ranking
- in-app music library
- brilliant graphic and music

Youtube link | Pop Up

App Store link

Last edited by wahachan; 10-29-2009 at 02:02 AM.
10-29-2009, 01:23 AM

Size: 9.7 MB

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

10-29-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post

Size: 9.7 MB
damn i want this,those little bastards look cute.any tried it out yet?

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
10-29-2009, 01:45 AM
So...you draw lines forwards and backwards and hope for the best? Unless they can fly...

Hi there!
10-29-2009, 01:50 AM
It doesnt really look like a line drawing game at all. It looks like a 2d sidescrolling war game that just happens to have a few commands accessible by gesture (drawing). I personally dont like this genre, so I'll wait for several TOFTT folks.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
10-29-2009, 03:21 AM
ok I bought it...it's not a line drawing game at all. Just draw
> march forward
>> charge
< march backward
<< retreat

OH ok figured out how to pan the screen to see guys fighting you tilt your phone. Wish it said that in the instructions....geez. So far so so.
10-29-2009, 07:04 AM
ok... this game can be super good. great even.....

BUT, it took me days to figure out how to move the screen.. you tilt it.. it never said that in any instructions, and wiht a line drawing game you dont' figure that you would tilt the phone...

i still can't figure out how to find the upgrade screen and that is such a problem... after i beat the first level, i had a ton of money to get archers and whatever else.. but couldn't figure out how to find this screen..

it seems that sometimes when im drawing my commands, the troops are not following them.. you should show my commands that i made, for a few seconds so i know what i just did.. like when i draw my lines you see a 'ghost' image of the the command i just inputted, and it would disappear in a few seconds.

also, it took me almost 25 minutes to beat the very first level.. it goes back and forth, back and forth.. and like i said before, i don't think the commands i input do much of anyhting cause i cant figure out what im inputting. i try charge, doesn't seem to do much but they go towards the other castle, just like if i put in walk...

you also need a button that you can touch so the upgrade screen appears. that way i can add new units as i need them, rather then when i pass a level, but when i get the money..

right now, can only give the game 2 stars, i will hold off till you have an update before i review it.. cause it has super potential...

please, please fix some of these things.. i now this game can be such an aamzing game... the graphics are DOPE!!! the music is DOPE!! the idea is DOPE.. it just needs some refinement...

Last edited by renton; 10-29-2009 at 07:12 AM.
10-29-2009, 08:35 AM
This game has TOTAL potential. I just couldn't resist the graphics. That and I believe that launch sales are launch sales even when they aren't! So for the buck I figured it was a good move. (I just now checked their other titles and ALL of them say special sale no matter when they were released! Devs please mean it when you say sale.) I am glad I got it however because it IS a good game just has some control issues that I am sure can easily be fixed. Also looking up the dev they have a good track record at providing updates so I am hopeful they will listen to the feedback and implement it.

It's not a line drawing game unless you count the line you draw for the gryphon. Its more a draw commands game. There are different things you must draw to control your troops. Trouble is either its not responsive or your troops are rebels! You can make the command to charge and they just stay put or you make the command to hold your position and they charge - and the commands do NOT look alike at all - so its not just operator error on my part. Also if you want the archers to fire and you use their commands sometimes the other guys retreat - so its a little confusing trying to control different units at the same time. The move forward and charge commands should have more of a difference - like when you put in charge they should be more frenetic or something. I had my archer focus fire on the castle and he walked right off the right side of the screen seemingly INTO the other castle - I couldn't control him again - but maybe he was doing his own damage behind the scenes cuz I did break down the castle. And I am not sure how or why my "hero" goes where he goes. I DO know if he gets killed you can't control your troops and they are sort of left there hanging until he respawns.

At ANY rate, despite some of those flaws I am having fun with it. I know it sounds like a lot of complaints but the game is fun none the less. I am sure some control issues will factor into the game play at the higher levels. Right now I only passed through 5 waves so its not REALLY an issue, I just want more control of my guys. It has unlimited levels so here's hoping a control scheme update will help me as I progress through the levels.

I figured out the tilt screen only because I read Renton's remarks but then it felt similar to Cartoon Wars tilting so MAYBE it will be obvious to some but YES some help on that would be appreciated. And @ Renton - if you haven't randomly pushed that little square button on the top right that has like an arrow and your hero in it that's where you upgrade (just to the left of the help sign.) Yeah I found it by just randomly pushing the buttons!

This game could really have the potential to be great if some of it gets polished. What it feels like to me is that the testing step was rushed or didn't exist because I am sure if there were a team of beta testers they would have picked up the control imprecision. I like the idea of these controls - it makes it different from the slew of castle defense games out there, but just a cleaner implementation would have made this a great game on release.
10-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Another Cartoon wars rip off ?

Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
10-29-2009, 08:55 AM
@new england gamer

you hit everything on point!!! exactly what he said!!!

also, thanks for letting me know where the upgrade is.. i swear i touched everything on screen for naught.

so, please listen to what NEGamer said.. everything he made comments about is exactly what i was thinking...