★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Deckbuilding Games Discussion

08-21-2017, 01:03 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 169
Deckbuilding Games Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon815 View Post
Right there with you. I was at Gen Con and there were several tablets running Legendary DXP out on the show floor. It was clearly going to be a big part of their booth setup this year whether it was ready or not. It definitely wasn't the best digital launch at Gen Con, but I genuinely hope they get it turned around. iOS could use more deckbuilding games since we lost Dominion and we'll lose at least three others in the Appocalypse at this rate.
Hey, i am very much into deckbuilders. Which ones are we losing? I see nightfall, but maybe playdek will save it.
We are not very short on deckbuilders.
Asides from nightfall and legendary dxp we have:
Frost
Dream quest
Ascension
Cthuluh realms
Star realms
Concrete jungle
Age of rivals (more or less deckbuilder).
Anything else i am forgetting?
08-21-2017, 01:56 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 297
Two of the other ones I know about that we're losing are also Playdek: Penny Arcade and Tanto Cuore. We are also set to lose Empire.

08-21-2017, 04:09 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaniar View Post
Hey, i am very much into deckbuilders. Which ones are we losing? I see nightfall, but maybe playdek will save it.
We are not very short on deckbuilders.
Asides from nightfall and legendary dxp we have:
Frost
Dream quest
Ascension
Cthuluh realms
Star realms
Concrete jungle
Age of rivals (more or less deckbuilder).
Anything else i am forgetting?
You just reminded me that we STILL don't have a new app for Dominion. That game is cursed.

But another game I thought of is Xenoshyft. Epic is coming soon from the makers of Star Realms.
08-21-2017, 04:25 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon815 View Post
Two of the other ones I know about that we're losing are also Playdek: Penny Arcade and Tanto Cuore. We are also set to lose Empire.
Oh my god, I totally forgot about tanto cuore! Guess I'm off to re-download it and play a couple rounds against the computer before it goes away forever.
08-21-2017, 04:52 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 169
True

xenoshyft is amazing.
Tanto cuore for me is meh. The artwork i don't like and gameplay is dominion from what i heard, so i pass. Dominion is too dry for me.
I haven't played penny arcade. Any good?
What about nightfall? Wanted to get that one.
08-21-2017, 05:30 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaniar View Post
xenoshyft is amazing.
Tanto cuore for me is meh. The artwork i don't like and gameplay is dominion from what i heard, so i pass. Dominion is too dry for me.
I haven't played penny arcade. Any good?
What about nightfall? Wanted to get that one.
Playdek recently showed off their 64 bit update for Waterdeep, so maaaaybe we have a chance for some of the other games to be saved too. Although after their untold story debacle they haven't been doing much lately. Summoner Wars has had their servers offline for two weeks or more now.

Penny Arcade is ok and VERY similar to Tanto Cuore. I think Nightfall is one of the best games around and is criminally underrated. If you're going to spring for only one I vote Nightfall, but it is an older game so I'm not sure it will get updated.
08-21-2017, 05:41 PM
#7
Penny Arcade isn't anything special (although I only played the physical game). Personally, I didn't get into Nightfall. The game in general was a little too busy/complex and I never felt like I was really putting together an effective deck or strategy. It deserves credit for being quite different from other deck-building games, though.
08-23-2017, 03:01 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: U.S.A., earth
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
Playdek recently showed off their 64 bit update for Waterdeep, so maaaaybe we have a chance for some of the other games to be saved too. Although after their untold story debacle they haven't been doing much lately. Summoner Wars has had their servers offline for two weeks or more now.

Penny Arcade is ok and VERY similar to Tanto Cuore. I think Nightfall is one of the best games around and is criminally underrated. If you're going to spring for only one I vote Nightfall, but it is an older game so I'm not sure it will get updated.
Doubt it on Nightfall. It still hasn't been updated for 4" screens, let alone 64-bit.