★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The #1 arcade hunting game is on your iPhone/iPod touch!

FEATURED in iTunes/Games: "What's Hot" & "Best Hunting and Fishing Games

No confusing navigation controls or disorienting scope work. Just intuitive arcade fun with the replayability you have come to expect from Big Buck Hunter Pro.

* "Macworld iPod Touch & iPhone App Review Essential Collections" 4 Mice (out of 5) "The graphics and realistic depictions of the animals are outstanding." - Curt Poff, Macworld.com

* "The gameplay for Big Buck Hunter is excellent. The graphics for each location are exactly like you would expect, and you can tell the developers put a lot of time into making the game look great. Audio, too. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone wanting a good deer hunting game." - Josh Holat Appletell

* "I recommend this game to every hunter with an iPod touch or iPhone to buy this game." Kevin Paulson, Huntinglife.com

* From a gameplay and presentation perspective, the developers have done an excellent job, as the game looks spot-on with the full-sized counterpart. Russ Frushtick MTV Multiplayer

* "its all done with a great deal of style and panache even down to the authentic voiceover from a hunter " - IntoMobile

Simple concept, challenging execution: shoot the three biggest whitetail bucks you can find (per site) without hitting any does. But be careful -- innocent does and crafty critters will try to distract your keen hunters eye at every step. With a combination of kill distance, impact location (where you hit the deer), and number of shots for the kill, a skilled hunter can achieve Big Buck Hunter glory with higher scores to flaunt on the networked leaderboards.

Big Buck Hunter Pro also features integration into the BBHP arcade network allowing players to track their own personal Arcade Leaderboards and Hunting Party statistics right from their iPhone or iPod touch.

Expand your hunting experience by purchasing additional adventures including Elk, Moose, Bighorn Sheep, Antelope, and Caribou!

Features:

Addictive touch-to-shoot game across 3 stunning 3D hunting destinations to bag that trophy buck.

3 bonus games: Frog Flippin, Duck Hunt, and Gopher Garden are available for a fun break from the buck hunting action.

Built-in BBHP Arcade Game Finder with iPhone Location Services to find the nearest networked BBHP arcade unit.

Networked iPhone leaderboards where players compete for braggin rights.

Full arcade network integration that allows players to track personal Arcade Leaderboard and Hunting Party standings right from their iPhone or iPod touch

Big Buck Hunter arcade account management and registration

5 Additional adventures available for in-app purchase.

FOLLOW US:
https://twitter.com/SHFF

LIKE US on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/SuperHappyFunFun

https://www.shff.com

hex_me's comments:
Out in Australia anyway, have just purchased. Sorry not sure how to add all the details. Will post thoughts.

Here's the link:

10-29-2009, 04:35 AM
It's out in the US too for 2.99

I'm on my iPod so I can't link at the moment very easily

10-29-2009, 05:08 AM

The worlds #1 arcade hunting game is now on your iPhone and iPod touch with best-in-category 3D Graphics. Big Buck Hunter Pro is the 3D arcade-style iPhone shooter you have been waiting for.

No confusing navigation controls or disorienting scope work. Just intuitive arcade fun with the replayability you have come to expect from Big Buck Hunter Pro.

Simple concept, challenging execution: shoot the three biggest whitetail bucks you can find (per site) without hitting any does. But be careful -- innocent does and crafty critters will try to distract your keen hunters eye at every step. With a combination of kill distance, impact location (where you hit the deer), and number of shots for the kill, a skilled hunter can achieve Big Buck Hunter glory with higher scores to flaunt on the networked leaderboards.

Big Buck Hunter Pro also features integration into the BBHP arcade network allowing players to track their own personal Arcade Leaderboards and Hunting Party statistics right from their iPhone or iPod touch.

Features:

Addictive touch-to-shoot game across three stunning 3D hunting destinations to bag that trophy buck

3 bonus mini-games: Frog Flippin, Duck Hunt and Gopher Garden for a fun break from the buck hunting action

Built-in BBHP Arcade Game Locator with iPhone Location Services to find the nearest networked BBHP arcade unit

Networked iPhone leaderboards where players compete for braggin rights.

Full arcade network integration that allows players to track personal Arcade Leaderboard and Hunting Party standings right from their iPhone or iPod touch

Big Buck Hunter arcade account management and registration

Coming Soon:

Downloadable new animal hunting adventures to expand your 3D hunting experience

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by THE STUD; 10-29-2009 at 05:14 AM.
10-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Nice - was waiting for this after the TA preview.
10-30-2009, 07:02 AM
This is a very faithful execution of the full-size Big Buck Hunter on a mobile platform. If you're a fan of the full-size game, looking for something to play 'on-the-go', this game should easily meet that need.

Having also just purchased Real Deer Hunting, I have to say that I'm enjoying the quick arcade experience of BBH more. While I like the accuracy of the scope in RDH, I usually don't want to take the extra time to coax deer out with antlers, calls, etc. I just want a quick "blast away" game.

The unavoidable, minor frustration is that my finger is obviously no way as accurate as a scope. The paths of the deer follow the full game, which occasionally means the only shot is a tight shot and you either have to pass or occasionally hit the doe instead, even though you're sure your finger was in the right spot. That said, this game isn't about taking time, holding your breath and setting up the perfect shot.

As you're required to touch reload after each shot (a "no reload" option might be nice to add), I've found that holding my thumb at the bottom of the screen and rocking over the reload button allows me to get off quicker shots than touching the shot then using the same finger to reload.

I've also seen a minor graphical glitch, but it doesn't impact gameplay so I've not bothered to try reinstalling to see if that fixes it. The cut-scene graphics occasionally have the right side of the screen shift up slightly.

I think the game could benefit from multi-player (pass-the-ipod and/or wifi), but I'm much more interested in seeing the addition of new locations and/or animals to hunt (whether free updates or DLC).
10-30-2009, 08:01 AM
If you have played this at all on the arcade version, it is exactly the same, sans plastic rife. Very well done, polished pick up and shoot. A lot of fun IMO and worth the $2.99. At most of the arcade machines it's at least $1 per play.

Much better than several of the other $3 games I've bought recently.
10-30-2009, 10:36 AM
I think the game looks really good but I think it's questionable to make a game around shooting animals... But this is just my opinion.

Someone should develop a game in which the animals strike back and hunt the hunters...
10-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabelstapler View Post
I think the game looks really good but I think it's questionable to make a game around shooting animals.
Yes .. games that rely on driving around town and commiting violent crimes are much more healthy.
10-30-2009, 11:06 AM
OK this is my GF's fav hunting game right now, but shes from Georgia, so, you know...
10-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabelstapler View Post
Someone should develop a game in which the animals strike back and hunt the hunters...
I think there are sequels to this game, or another series based on the same gameplay. I remember playing it a long time ago on like Win98, maybe 95. http://download.cnet.com/Deer-s-Reve...-10031059.html