★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Test your skills on Swipe Casters! Use your finger to draw gestures and cast powerful spells against nasty creatures on this new title by Ogre Pixel!

Located in the same universe as Warcher Defenders and Black Tower Enigma, on Swipe Casters you will take the role of one of the four magicians chosen to compete on the magicians tournament But The prize has been stolen! The Magicians Chalice has been stolen! - We must get it back!

* Game features *

- Cast powerful spells with a single finger!
- Simple and intuitive gesture drawing gameplay
- Earn heaps of coin to upgrade your casters!
- Unlock full silver set to get an extra life!
- Unlock staffs and improve your casters power!
- Up to 4 unique and different casters to choose!
- Defeat as many enemies as you can with Soul Strike special attacks!
- Compete to be the best caster in the world!

* Please review the game so we can continue to improving it! Visit us at ogrepixel.com *
08-30-2017, 01:13 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Ogre Pixel
Swipe Casters - Release Trailer

08-30-2017, 12:41 PM
There's a thin line between fun and frustration and for me the game tickles the wrong side. 50 gold to continue after beating 3, 4 monsters while earning 4, 5 gold every round is forcing players to buy gold, watch ads, buy the coin doubler etc. I admit I'm not a freemium fan to say the least, but if a dev goes that way then at the very least the illusion of free should stand. Besides the above the non selectable ads are very intrusive.
I think the idea of a game should be to give the gamer an enjoyable experience, not the experience of serving like a cash cow but times are changing, I'm old and maybe wrong.
08-30-2017, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
There's a thin line between fun and frustration and for me the game tickles the wrong side. 50 gold to continue after beating 3, 4 monsters while earning 4, 5 gold every round is forcing players to buy gold, watch ads, buy the coin doubler etc. I admit I'm not a freemium fan to say the least, but if a dev goes that way then at the very least the illusion of free should stand. Besides the above the non selectable ads are very intrusive.
I think the idea of a game should be to give the gamer an enjoyable experience, not the experience of serving like a cash cow but times are changing, I'm old and maybe wrong.
Developer here!

Hey thanks for your opinion, we tried to balance the game in a way it was challenging while keeping the "easy to learn, hard to master" approach. We will take in consideration your comment.

Thanks for playing
08-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Sweet! I've been playing this since the beta. Awesome game! Congrats in launching it OgrePixel!
08-30-2017, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilk View Post
Sweet! I've been playing this since the beta. Awesome game! Congrats in launching it OgrePixel!
Thank you! Glad you liked it
08-30-2017, 03:27 PM
The game is pretty solid but I'm really turned off the currency balance. The game rewards you more for watching ads than it does for playing. I made 18 gold on the first level and then got 150 gold for watching an ad. Not even the gold doubler would balance that out, so spending real money will not eliminate the need to watch ads. The difficulty is also a little too hard. If you miss draw one symbol you're done, game over. No second chance. That's kind of crazy.

So we have a fairly difficult game that gives you almost nothing for playing and only rewards you for watching ads.

I feel bad but I guess this isn't for me.
08-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet View Post
The game is pretty solid but I'm really turned off the currency balance. The game rewards you more for watching ads than it does for playing. I made 18 gold on the first level and then got 150 gold for watching an ad. Not even the gold doubler would balance that out, so spending real money will not eliminate the need to watch ads. The difficulty is also a little too hard. If you miss draw one symbol you're done, game over. No second chance. That's kind of crazy.

So we have a fairly difficult game that gives you almost nothing for playing and only rewards you for watching ads.

I feel bad but I guess this isn't for me.
Hey, thanks for the comments!

Yeah! we have just submitted an update with a better currency balance, so new update will hopefully be available tomorrow
Thanks for playing!
08-30-2017, 04:23 PM
So, I've played this for a bit now and I agree...too many ads, if you want to make any gold at all.

Also, I just had a game where the second level started and there was no pattern to trace. That is, the circle at the top of the screen between the hero and the enemy was completely blank. With nothing to trace, the timer ran down and I was dead.

I sort of feel that as long as the timer is going, you should be able to back-track your tracing and try again. I'm sure that that option was thought of during the beta-testing and dismissed for some reason.

I feel as though there is a germ of a good game here...just not quite there yet for me.
08-30-2017, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooie1154 View Post
I just had a game where the second level started and there was no pattern to trace. That is, the circle at the top of the screen between the hero and the enemy was completely blank. With nothing to trace, the timer ran down and I was dead.
Ohh that's a bug, will take a look at it.

New update with better game balance coming tomorrow

Thanks for the comments!