★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Which new device?

08-30-2017, 07:10 AM
Which new device?

Hi folks! I'm upgrading my iOS game this week and I'm not sure what I should get. I have a gen 4 iPad (I think it's gen 4 anyway, I've had it since 2012), and it doesn't support any of the new games.

I'm torn between an iPad mini and the current gen iPad. I can get a 128gig mini for roughly the same price as a 64(?)gig iPad. Which has the more advanced chip and is likely to be supported longer? I'm sort of leaning towards a mini, but I think the iPad has the more advanced chip? Help me out here guys, I need to know by Friday so I can get started on darkest dungeon ^_^
08-30-2017, 09:00 AM
The latest iPad has the fastest processor vs the latest mini. And it's pretty much always been like that. You can check the apple website for specs of each.

There's rumours that the current mini could be the last ever. An indication is that the mini hasn't been updated substantially in the way the iPad has for like 3 years or so. It's lost the focus. That said a rumour is just that and will vanish the second Apple decides a new mini is back on the cards, so. Yeh bit useless information.

Sorry, I got nothing else. But this topic is highly googleable.